1- 일 장

(First chapter)

"One, two, three and four!"

Loud music pumped from the speakers as she continued to dance, never missing a beat and giving the best she could with her body.

Spinning off for the final part, she twirled and twirled before using only one foot to keep balance and maintain the hardest position. But with her heavy body building pressure on it, she lost balance and fell down with a thud on the floor.

Sowon sighed, while closing her eyes and trying to bury her anger inside. That was the only part where she makes mistake and found it hard to perfect it. The music was still playing the last part, about to end before a frustrated Sowon abruptly pressed the power button and stopped the song.

This was the fifth time she tried to master the dance position today. But like every other day she failed again, miserably. Huffing her breath out, Sowon grabbed her half-filled water bottle and gulped down the entire content in one go.

Swallowing the liquid, she wiped her face with a towel before keeping it and playing the song to practice the dance again.

With full determination, Sowon started dancing to the music still not missing any beat as she gave her best like before. After dancing for more than 5 minutes, the hardest part was approaching her.

Frustration took toll on her mind and body as she danced to the song, fitting herself to the swirling position with only one thought to master the dance.

But without realising that she was too sunken in her determination, Sowon added too much weight on her left foot to keep the balance and thus, her ankle got twisted and she fell down with a grunt.

"Ah, its bleeding. Damn it."

Sowon cursed herself as she examined her ankle, getting irritated as the red blood slowly seeped out of her cut which she got because her ankle scraped the floor.

With another sigh, Sowon hoisted herself up before limping towards her bag to find an extra bandage which she always kept incase of emergency. Relief washed over her as she found the beige bandage roll inside her bag.

Carefully sitting down, Sowon wiped the cut clean before wrapping it up with the bandage. Satisfied that her bleeding had stopped for now, Sowon decided to just go home.

But as she stood up and tried to walk on her left foot, she cried in pain because her ankle was twisted, producing a burning sensation towards her feet. With another annoyed groan, she grabbed her phone from her bag and dialled the only number she could trust now.

"Hello?"

"Hello dad? Are you busy right now?" Sowon asked, careful not to show her urgency in it.

"No Sowon, but what happened? Do you need me to come and get you?"

Sowon bit her lips, contemplating if she wanted to call her dad over because she did not wanted to disturb him or make him worry.

"-Sowon?"

"Yeah dad and n-no. I-Its nothing-"

"Are you injured again?"

Sowon kept quiet, wondering how her father found out the truth. Was she that obvious? Or perhaps, her father could read her mind through telepathy.

She woke up from her thoughts as she heard a loud sigh from the other side of the phone, remembering that her father was waiting for her to answer.

"Could you come over then?" Sowon asked softly, hoping he would not be angry at her.