7 - 칠 장

(Seventh chapter)

"What's up?"

Sowon rolled her eyes at the obvious question that her own friend threw at her.

"Right now? My temper."

Haneul made a little 'ooh' sound before she started laughing like a maniac on the other side of the phone.

"And what sounds so funny there?" Sowon asked, still irritated as she tugged on her cream coloured sneakers.

"Nothing. So tell me what did handsome prince do again?"

"How many times will I tell you not call him that way? He is not handsome but ugly, a jerk not a prince and he deserves to be thrown off a cliff. He is one of the most irritating and annoying person with the 'attitude syndrome' and looks down on anyone below his level of proudness."

By the end of her sentence Sowon was gaping for air as she heavily breathed in and out. The temper caged inside her seemed to have deflated a little bit as she channelled her utmost anger into her words.

"You alright?"

"No."

"Okay then."

There was a moment of silence as Sowon waited for any retort or joke from her friend. But when she didn't receive any sound, she began to grow impatient.

"Idiot you are supposed to be consoling me right now."

Opening the lipstick cap, Sowon carefully applied the peach colour on her soft lips as she leaned nearer to the mirror.

"Even if I do that, would it calm you down?"

Sowon closed the lid of the lipstick, knowing that Haneul understood her like no one else and she absolutely felt lucky to have a good friend like her. She looked up at herself fully ready in the mirror and smiled.

"No it would totally not."

"Then why should I try wasting my time?"

Sowon laughed loudly, forgetting the anger which burst like a volcano in her a few minutes before. Arranging her sweater, she was ready to go out now.

Moving over to her bed, she picked up her phone and put the call into normal speaker instead of loud speaker.

"Are you going out?" Haneul suddenly asked, reminding Sowon about her plans for the day.

"Yeah I am heading out to meet him today."

"You mean him?" Haneul asked carefully, unsure to even say the name out loud.

"Yes." Sowon deadpanned, nearly getting angry again because of her dramatic friend.

Another moment of silence passed as neither of the girls said anything to each other as they delved into their own thoughts.

"What are you thinking about Haneul?"
Sowon asked while glancing at the clock on the wall.

10:30 a.m.