56 - 오심육 장

(Fifty-sixth chapter)

What could possibly go wrong now?

Sweat trickled down her forehead despite the chill in the air. Sowon would not lie that she was extremely terrified to be among the people who were probably going to attack her for revenge. She tried to search for her phone in her pockets but almost passed out because they were empty.

She forgot to bring her phone.

“Isn’t this a pleasant surprise? We get to see our girl after a long time.”

Sowon internally cringed when Ryan laughed creepily, blaring all the red flags inside her head. The group of men with taunting expressions began to walk towards her direction, growing closer and the panic sort of blew up in her head.

She took a step back and another, followed by another until her footing slipped on a pebble and Sowon stumbled back, falling.

“Dude, she is so shaken up.”

One of them joked and the others laughed along.

But all this time Ryan’s gaze was fixed on her, something intimidating hidden in his eyes that she couldn’t find her voice to scream out for help. His eyes raked from her feet up to her face while Sowon struggled to get up from the ground and she realised that the bastard was checking her out.

“Here, get up.”

Ryan let out a hand, offering to help Sowon while she suspiciously stared at his outstretched palm. The other thugs began to whistle and goof around, none of the situation making any sense to her. The leader let out a sigh then he crouched to her level.

Sowon automatically crept backwards.

“You are still the stubborn girl, aren’t you?”

She glared at him, finally snapping out of her trance when the male started to lean in closer.

“Don’t come near me!” she shrieked.

“Look she can finally speak.”

Another one of the guys retorted and they started laughing in the background while the leader stare at her in silence like a hunter keeping their eyes fixed on the prey.

Then he stands up, brushing his pants and snaps his finger. Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around Sowon’s arms on each side and start to lift her to make her stand. Panic starts to set and she kicks at the air, flailing around to escape.

“Don’t touch me! Let me go.”

But the grip on her arms grew harsher and the two men holding her grinned wickedly.

“I said let me go!”

Sowon glared at them both, using all her strength but still could not make any difference except make herself tired.

Ryan chuckles.

“Do you remember what I told you last time?”

“I don’t care. Just let me go.”

“And why should I?” He steps closer, trailing a finger down her cheek, “you are too pretty to be left alone.”