31 - 삼십일 장

(Thirty-first chapter)

It was odd.

Namjoon glanced at the door which separated him from meeting the girl he always had thought to hate and despise. He was supposed to be resting on his bed like he told her parents but here he was, standing at his door like an idiot.

He never actually hated her but felt the need to keep his distance from her because he would eventually sort out a plan and break this engagement. That was what both he and she wanted so he didn't expect to find himself worrying for her despite his strict rules.

Guess he was wrong.

Don't always think about her, you idiot.

He sighed, closing his eyes for a brief moment to relax but the picture of her face appeared in his mind like it was naturally imprinted on it. Almost groaning, he opened his eyes and they automatically seemed to dart towards the tightly shut door.

Towards the direction, he was not supposed to look.

"Ah, why am I being so strange? This behaviour is not going to do me good."

Namjoon muttered to himself, still focused on the door as he bit his lip. Should he make a move and knock on her door? The thought to see and annoy her seemed to allow a small smile to curve upon his lips.

But it soon disappeared as he reminded himself it was no use to stick around and get attached when he would be leaving soon. Plus what would he say when he sees her?

"Why is this matter bugging me?"

He should be resting, considering how he had to drive all day and carry the shopping bags for Mr and Mrs Han as they had requested him to help them buy groceries and drive for them as it was quite far.

Mrs Han was ecstatic all day and even though her husband had tried to remind her to halt, she could not seem to stop complimenting Namjoon for being kind and handsome.

Maybe now I understand how Sowon feels.

He felt bad remembering how their daughter had cried into his arms to their oblivious attitudes, how their only daughter felt neglected because of him. He didn't want to be a cause of pain or suffering to anyone yet here he was, doing the exact thing he hates the most.

"I should rest because I feel tired but I still feel disturbed."

Namjoon was now restless as he paced on the corridor, releasing numerous 'ah' whilst trying to convince himself not to do it. He knew he could not rest without doing it.

He wanted to go and ask what she did for half of the day when he and her parents went out, he wanted to know if she missed him or thought about him even once.

Little did he know the scene that had just happened before he came home.

"Don't do it Namjoon, don't." He repeated to himself in an attempt to make sure he won't make a stupid move.

But to his surprise, he was already standing in front of her door with his hands already raised in the air, ready to knock.