18 - 십팔 장

(Eighteenth chapter)

You can do this, you got it.

Sowon repeated those words like a chant, breathing in and out whilst tapping her chest to assure her fast-beating heart not to be nervous.

With one swift movement, she pushed the doors of the paradise café and automatically her eyes seemed to search for a person with raven black hair and sun-kissed skin. A timid smile appeared on her lips as she took meek steps towards the table where he was seated.

"Hey."

Hoseok looked up at the voice, his face showing a wide range of emotions especially surprise and uneasiness as he attempted to smile at her.

"Hey Sowon, you are here."

She nodded, "Yes I am here Hoseok. Did you not expect me to come?"

Hoseok immediately laughed, trying to ease the anxious tension of air around them. Sowon internally sighed, relieved that at least he tried not to make things odd between them, unlike someone.

"What do you want to have?"

Sowon seated herself and looked up the menu, almost gasping as she realized how costly each dish and drink was. She leaned in a little closer and whispered, "I think we should leave."

"Why?" His eyebrows suddenly perked up in confusion as he glanced around the café before leaning in closer.

"Is there...something bothering you?"

Sowon gulped, embarrassed to say how she was tight on money because she was fired a few days back and could hardly afford anything on the menu without literally borrowing money from her parents.

"Um actually, the food doesn't look too good and is unnecessarily costly so-"

He sighed before giving her a tired smile, "Don't worry about the bill Sowon and order whatever you want."

This reminds me of the time when I went to have dinner with Namjoon.

Sowon almost screamed but internally shook her head, shocked at herself why she was even thinking of the rude jerk instead of enjoying the moment.

She bit her lip, still in embarrassment and timidly nodded. Though she didn't want to be indebted to him, she was sure to pay him back later. Also, she was quite hungry right now so why waste this chance right?

When the waiter appeared, Hoseok allowed her to order first.

"I'll order a strawberry milkshake and mixed sandwich with extra cheese."

The waiter nodded, jotting down the list of food while turning to the other male.

He smiled, "I would like a cup of Americano with two shots please."

The waiter nodded his head like a bird again, "That's all sir?"

"Yes."

With the answer, the waiter went off to prepare and bring forth the food his customers had ordered while Sowon looked at Hoseok with immense surprise.