27 - 이십찰 장

(Twenty-seventh chapter)

Was it a good dream?

Sowon wondered while rocking back and forth on the comfortable chair beside the wooden table. A small smile crept up her face without her knowledge as she reminisced the day she just had with Namjoon.

Dreamily sighing, Sowon rested her elbows on the smooth table and leaned on it. After their unexpected and short dance, Namjoon had the nerve to take her to another expensive restaurant and feed her some extremely costly but delightful treats.

Why does he have to be so rich?

Sowon was a little envious of how he had so much money and could spend without any second thoughts. Whilst her parents always provide everything for her, it didn't mean that Sowon was happy.

She had dreams to aspire and expectations to fulfil but had no income to support herself and asking her parents for help was like being spoon-fed. Yet no one could fully understand her feelings or what she wanted that is until Namjoon came along.

He was the odd and arrogant man whom she could loathe her whole life but not regret. Plus, his riches was something he had too much pride about which ticked her off.

Sowon sighed again, shaking her head to dismiss such unfocused thoughts.

"To what pleasure do we owe you sighing so contently?"

She almost fell from the chair but straightened up from the table and swirled around in her seat to find someone unexpected standing in the doorway.

The person gave a small but Sowon only frowned.

"Why are you here mom, do you need Namjoon?"

"Yes have you seen him?"

"He went out to buy something. But is it something important?"

Sowon furrowed her eyebrows but Mrs Han only shook her head, stepping away from the door.

"I'll talk to him later."

She wanted to call out her mother and ask what happened but Mrs Han had already left and Sowon frowned more deeply.

I thought she came to check up on me.

She scoffed at her expectation, knowing that her mother was almost on cloud nine now that she was sharing a room with Namjoon even though it was temporary.

Her mother was too happy and excited that she hardly paid any attention to Sowon's existence except when she needed help in the kitchen. Otherwise, she would be seen praising Namjoon and sweet-talking him.

Sowon felt herself clenching her fists in envy that her mother was being too attentive to someone else than be her own daughter who seeked some attention as well.

Of course, her mom's favourite was Namjoon only.

"What made you so upset?"

Sowon almost fell for the second time as the person entered the room and closed the door. She cleared her throat and glared at the male who gave her a goofy grin.