68 - 육팔 장

(Sixty-eight chapter)

Everything was going perfectly well. Or so Sowon thought.

What she forgot to realize was that despite how happy one is, life doesn't always go the way one wishes. It's only a matter of time before sadness can turn into joy or vice versa.

"What should I do now. . ." Sowon muttered to herself.

She paced around the room in fear and worried for a good five minutes before a strong searing pain coursed through her abdomen and she fell to her knees, cursing.

The cramps were not going to be easy this time.

Sowon groans.

"Why did it have to be today?"

If only mother nature had waited for a few more days to make her appearance, then Sowon would not be in such a sticky situation. Today is the day when she has to perform her dance in the competition, but Sowon completely forgot that it was her time of the month as well.

Damn, my periods.

Moreover, Sowon had been practicing her dance with a combination of splits, a tough but new dance on which she worked very hard to prepare, meaning she would suffer a lot today. No wonder she was being moody and weak for the past few days, although Sowon brushed it off as a result of the heavy practice.

Knock knock

"Sowon?"

Namjoon enters the room with a confused expression, "um, why are you kneeling on the floor?"

She blinked, realizing she had not moved from the floor yet. The previous pain had ceased a little into ease and she shook her head, embarrassed.

"N-no its justㅡ"

Sowon tried to stand up but another wave of pain washed over her stomach and she struggled to keep a straight face. Tears prickled her eyes and Namjoon did not waste any moment kneeling in front of her, pulling her body into his arms. 

"Hey Sowon, are you okay? Are you hurting?"

She shut her eyes and continuously shook her head. How could she tell him that she was on her periods with constant cramps which felt like someone was cutting her body open? Sowon couldn't. He would feel disgusted and she didn't want him to hate her when they just became close.

All of a sudden, the world starts to spin. It took her a moment to realize that Sowon was being lifted into the air. Confused, she slowly peeled her eyes open. Namjoon was carrying her in his arms and she immediately starts wriggling, desperate to escape in case his clothes get stained by mistake.

"Sowon please stop moving, your cramps would hurt even worse that way."

She stiffened. "Y-you know?"

He glanced down at her with a calm expression.

"Well, yes. I'll lay you on your bed so try to rest for a while."

Sowon stares at the man who managed to make her heart flutter with even the smallest gestures, awestruck.

"How did you-"