3 - 삼 장

(Third chapter)

"Girl, I swear if you don't stop mopping around I won't give you any eatables."

Sowon glared at Haneul before snatching the chocolate from her hand, tearing the wrapper and started chewing on it to brighten up her mood.

"I cannot believe all that drama happened only when I went out to the convenience store to buy your stupid chocolate. What a loss, it sounds like a hot drama."

Sowon rolled her eyes, regretting why she told her best friend everything about happened between her mom and she because of her anger. Maybe Haneul could have convinced her mother about it?

But of course, Haneul would have grabbed a bowl of popcorn to eat and watch the scene instead of supporting her. That was her best friend.

"-Sowon, are you an alien?"

"No why?" Sowon frowned and replied back.

"Then why are you spacing out so much today? Are you secretly interacting with the aliens out there? What are they telling you?"

Sowon scowled and pushed her best friend who gasped dramatically and continued to nudge her. Sometimes she could be so weird and random, it was really bugging.

"I am not okay? I already have this marriage problem to deal with."

Haneul sighed and looked at the wall just to suddenly scream loudly, making Sowon to look at her as if she had grown 69 heads.

"Why the hell are you shouting like that? Have you finally gone crazy?"

"Shut up, its already 7 o'clock and my parents will kill me if they know that I am late because my curfew is at 6:30 p.m."

Haneul replied in a hurry as she packed her belongings into her carry back. Sowon stifled a laugh behind her.

"Don't you dare laugh again. I am going to be so dead today."

"Anyways, why are you on curfew again?"

Haneul breathed out as she stood in front of the door. Turning back, she simply shrugged and replied,

"Because I brought home a poor puppy who got scared because my little brother tried to cut off its tail. The puppy ran and broke my mother's favorite ancient vase and peed on my dad's favourite shirt."

Sowon chuckled as Haneul explained her the reason and ran off in a hurry. But soon her chuckle died down and she sighed into the silence of her room, feeling lonely because her best friend who always cheered her up had left.

It was really hurting her, and Sowon would not deny that she was disappointed in her parents. She knew that her mother was always like this but her father?

He always loved her and supported her with all his heart. Then why? Why would his father say nothing about such an important topic, to discuss with her at least once?

Sowon glanced at the laptop on her bed and buried her face in her hands. Things were not supposed to go this way. She was injured but she would get well soon, to start dancing again. Not get married or have a family to be responsible of.