6 - 육 장

(Sixth chapter)

"Sowon! Please go and call your fianceé for dinner."

Crossing her arms in pure rage, Sowon raised her eyebrows in mockery as she continued eyeing her mother who busied herself preparing the dining table with various foods.

"Fianceé huh?" Sowon mimicked her mother's voice while rolling her eyes only to receive hasty smack from her mother.

"Yes now go or would you like it if I called him your future-husband, instead?"

Her eyes widened at the threatful suggestion, clearly not pleased at how she cringed at the weight those words carried.

"Oh mother you won't dare." Sowon's voice turned an octave higher, a natural habit she showcased whenever she was terrified or nervous of something.

Her mother finally stopped working and turned to face her daughter, clearly satisfied how agitated she looked. Mrs.Han was the type of woman who loved to control everyone according to her wish and she wouldn't ever have anyone going against her.

"Then do you wish to be called as to-be-Mrs-Kim?"

"Mother! How can you say that so easily?"

Sowon nearly shouted but kept her voice and anger in bay as she stared at her mother, horrified. She knew that these past few days her mother was being really rough with her.

Especially since the arrival of Kim Namjoon.

But still, Sowon didn't expect her mother to act like she didn't care about her and only wanted for her to get married and go far away from their own family.

"Now hush and go call my future son-in-law before the food gets cold. I still have work to do."

Sowon stumbled a few steps back as her mother shoved her out of the way while carrying another tray of food for the table. Pushing back the disappointment rising in her, she quietly went upstairs.

Knock, knock.

The wooden door opened wide and Sowon raised her head, ready to call Namjoon when she suddenly froze, unable to speak anything as she stared at Namjoon who was wearing nothing except a towel covering his lower body.

Sowon's brain had been officially malfunctioned.

Honey glazed skin was the first thing Sowon noticed when she saw Namjoon's bare torso. Her eyes slowly went down from his smooth chest down to his stomach when she noticed those chocolate abs.

Sowon visibly gulped, internally swooning over the amazingly sculpted body which looked heavenly, as if God Himself had carefully made it.

"-Sowon?"

"What?" Sowon asked almost immediately, not wanting him to misunderstand anything.

Namjoon's smirk grew larger as he crossed his arms on his chest, thankfully covering his bare skin from her pure eyes. Her cheeks burned bright red as her mind slowly dawned into bitter realisation that she was openly eyeing a grown half-naked man.

And that man being her biggest enemy who was dreadfully good looking and possessed an overpowering physique. Life could not become worser for Sowon.

"I said, what do you want?"

"O-oh yeah. Mom has called you for dinner so come down."

Namjoon nodded as he slowly closed the door and grabbed his pants when he heard Sowon's voice again.