21- 이십일 장

(Twenty-first chapter)

Her head was pounding.

It felt like the constant rhythm of her heart beating in sync except it was abnormally going slower and her head felt like it was seconds away from bursting.

Thump.

Thump.

Slowly peeling her eyes open, the girl awoke from her sleep and tried to piece her previous memories of what happened to make her feel this weak but everything was a blur.

"Sowon?"

That voice.

The voice sounded light and different, gentle and caring as she has always known. Sowon was not sure if she was dreaming or deserving enough to hear that angelic voice again.

Thump.

Thump.

"Sowon?"

That voice again.

It sounded more urgent this time like the person was about to fade into the air and Sowon was desperate to move. But no matter how hard she tried to sit up or shift, it felt like her body mulled over tons of weight and restrained her weak self to the bed.

No, please don't go again.

Thump.

Thump.

Sowon's vision was hazy and blurry as she tried to look around her surroundings but her eyelids were still heavy and droopy as if she slept for a decade and somehow knew that her eyes were only half-open.

Where are you?

"Take care, I don't want you to be hurt again."

Thump.

Thump.

This time air finally left her lips as she gasped, her eyes widening at the new sensation of power jolting through her body from her chest as she whispered,

"Hoseok?"

"Han Sowon!"

Sowon looked around frantically, reality feeling like a daze of dreams. Before she could comprehend, the person had engulfed her into a tight hug.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? I was so scared when you suddenly got seizures."

Sowon was confused, "m-mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

She looked at the older woman who shared excellent features like her and it was no doubt that she was crying considering her red bloodshot eyes.

"Where am I?" She looked around the white room, noticing the presence of someone else as well.

Her mother stroked her cheeks and Sowon hissed when a fling of pain censored over her fragile skin. She touched it, realising that a bandaid was stuck on it.