24 - 이십사 장

(Twenty-fourth chapter)

"Sowon."

It was him. She was sure it was his voice that called her out. Looking around, Sowon stumbled upon the ground before she heard it again.

"Sowon."

She opened her mouth but no words could escape her throat. Only air seemed to move in and out of her lungs as she tried to make a noise but it was futile.

Sowon was desperate.

Fearing that he would leave her again, she tried to shout but the air was still pin-drop silent. She could not let him leave her alone because she would crumble down.

Out of nowhere, a figure seemed to approach her from the distance. Squinting her eyes Sowon tried to guess who was it. Soon the figure moved closer and she was shocked to see him.

It was not a dream, right?

He was coming towards her, a warm and bright smile delicately carved upon his features. Before she could comprehend, he had engulfed her into a tight hug.

"H-Hoseok?"

She called out, more surprised when she noticed that her voice was back. He continued hugging her tightly without answering.

"I missed you." She sobbed, still hugging him.

But when he still didn't answer, she inched away and looked at him in concern which soon turned into disbelief. His smile remained the same but his facial features changed into the person she never expected.

No, it could not be. How was he here?

"Y-You.."

She could not even complete her sentence before the world seemed to begin blurring in front of her eyes.

"Sowon, wake up."

The calm voice woke her up from the dream. With difficulty, Sowon peeled her eyes open to see him kneeling beside her sleeping figure.

His eyes showed concern and she wondered if it was genuine or fake. Did she have another seizure? She was not feeling any pain but the dream still burnt her brain like a fresh imprint.

It was no doubt that the person she last saw in her dream was him, Kim Namjoon. Sowon scoffed and looked away, unable to believe that she just dreamt of Hoseok before his figure transformed into Namjoon.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

His voice was still soft but it was not enough to dissolve her anger. She was having a good dream where she finally met Hoseok but he ruined it and dares to ask such a question?

"No I didn't but you ruined it."

His eyes widened, "Me?"

"Yes, you. I don't even understand how you showed up in my dream at the exact moment when I saw him."

Namjoon stayed silent for a moment, trying to understand how his appearance in her dream caused her to be this angry since he had no control over it.

"What did you dream about?"

She scoffed and stood up, "Don't ask since it's already finished."

"Well, I am sorry if I woke you up from your 'sweet dream' but it was important."

Sowon shook her head consistently.

"You not only woke me up but damaged the moment I was about to meet him and-"