25 - 이십오 장

(Twenty-fifth chapter)

"Ugh, suspense again?"

Namjoon kept quiet and Sowon sighed, shaking her head.

"You know you suck at this," She motioned at the air around them, "Trying to keep me in dark. I mean come on, just tell me where are we going since I will eventually know it."

He snickered, "That would spoil the element of surprise Sowon."

"Hmph! I'd rather know it since I don't need a surprise."

"Trust me, it's better this way. We all need surprise in our lives."

Sowon gave an unbelievable look at Namjoon who kept his eyes focused on the road in front of them as he steered the wheel expertly.

"I don't, but tell me why do I need it?"

Namjoon took a swift turning before locking up his gear, giving her a long stare which made her stomach feel warm and soft.

"Because you deserve it." His voice was a bit lower than usual but it had the essence of gentleness which made Sowon blush involuntarily.

She could not believe that the Kim Namjoon was acting all sweet and smooth in front of her. If he wasn't arrogant, Sowon could have sworn that he would be a heart snatcher because his element of flirting and teasing was way smoother than he knew.

"I don't," She insisted and looked away to her own side of the window, "I just don't."

Namjoon did not say anything more but kept on driving quietly with a solemn face and Sowon felt albeit guilty, thinking if she hurt his feelings.

After all, he was doing all this for her.

Despite her denials, Sowon could not help keep the excitement inside her as she tried to think what the male was trying to surprise her with after dragging her out of her warm bed early in the morning.

I hope it's not a prank.

It had been only less than ten minutes since they began the drive around the town but Sowon was impatient, trying to ask him about his plans. The current moment gave her the past memories when Namjoon saved her from the embarrassment of being fired and he even took her to his favourite place.

"We are here."

His voice brought her out of her thoughts. She turned to see Namjoon switching off the engine and removing his seatbelt. She did the same, carefully stepping down from the car and shutting the door behind her.

"Come on," He called her and gave out his hand. Sowon gave him a confused face before he sighed and moved near her, "Give me your hand. I need to hold you in case you get lost."

She frowned, considering if she should hold his hand as she didn't think she would actually get lost inside the building which looked quite normal.

Sowon pushed his hand aside, raising her chin high. He gave her a questioning look, silently asking what was she trying to do.

"Stop treating me like a baby, I don't need to hold your hand. I can get there by myself without your help or getting lost."