20 - 이십 장

(Twentieth chapter)

It was odd.

Namjoon paced around in his room, his mind constantly going back to Sowon and her deteriorating condition. He shook his head, trying to keep every negative thing from his mind as he continued pacing around.

"Why isn't she here?" He mumbled to himself, checking at his door in hopes to see Sowon but only emptiness greeted him back.

He sighed, "I knew she won't come out."

It made him feel disappointed that she was not even willing to talk to him or sort things out. Ignoring was not the only option here but her stubbornness was overbearing.

He knew she was angry at him but he urgently needed to talk to her and was not sure what to do because he never faced such situations with any other girl except Sowon. So he hesitantly slipped a note into her room though he had a feeling she won't obey him and it was true.

Indeed she was an exception, a talkative and blunt but caring girl with lots of anger and stubbornness problems in her head. The only thing Namjoon saw in her as an authentic quality was how she was true to herself and the people around her.

She didn't care to obey any orders from whoever be it if she does not like it. She is not after money or any cheap dream but to fulfil her only goal and make her parents proud.

Honestly, Namjoon was amazed to see a girl so determined to do everything despite her condition, she was not someone who would give up easily.

Do you think she gave up this time?

Namjoon was unsure how to answer his question. Despite all their arguments and big fights, he never saw Sowon losing herself and kept on fighting though it was reckless. But this time she was different, like something inside her was broken and empty.

Maybe she loved Hoseok.

Oddly that assumption pained Namjoon though he was not sure why. He didn't spend much time with her so he wasn't sure but deep down, he would feel his kindness was taken for granted if Sowon would choose Hoseok over him.

Maybe there was something he didn't know but he shook his head, trying to let everything out of his mind. It was disturbing his peace too much now. He was also angry at Sowon for keeping the truth from everyone when she knew her situation.

Although he was wrong to barge into their conversation like that, he could not stand watching them talk about their marriage so comfortably. After all, he was the Kim heir and no one was supposed to degrade his name this way.

"Screw it, I better do something else."

Grabbing his phone Namjoon dialled a number he had memorized a few months back before pressing the phone to his ear, the beep ringing twice before it was accepted.

"Hello?"

Namjoon smiled at the warm voice, "Hey mom."

"Namjoon, is that you?"

"Yes, mother."

Silence. He knew what was coming next.

"Did you discard your old number and why did you suddenly change your number without telling anyone? Do you even have any idea how much worried was I?"