2 - 이 장

(Second chapter)

"Are you don-"

"No"

Sowon pouted and glared at the red haired girl in front of her, who was too focused on painting Sowon's nails with some weird stuffs.

"Are you going to eat me? Or why are you looking at me like that?"

Haneul asked, not caring to look up at her friend who was continuing to glare imaginary holes on her head.

"Sometimes I wonder how you are my best friend."

Sowon asked, looking at her nails which were already done. They were painted in light peach colour, with a tiny butterfly which was light purple coloured on every nail right in the middle.

Damn it looked very pretty.

"Because you were a loner, duh. I felt pity and became your friend. The end."

Haneul replied coolly as she finished drying the paint on Sowon's nails. Sowon rolled her eyes, not caring about the insult at all.

"You know I would have kicked you right now, be thankful that I am injured."

"That I am because I know you won't be able to chase me if I stole your food."

Haneul spoke as she flipped her long red curls backwards and winked at the female in front of her.

"Don't you dare." Sowon growled at her best friend who shrugged and sat in front of her.

"So tell me, how did you get injured?"

Sowon stopped the urge to roll her eyes as she picked up her panda bear and hugged it tighter. This was the same question she was being asked since 5 days back and Sowon felt very suffocated with the unending enquiries.

More strangely as much as Sowon anticipated her father to come and apologize, he hardly talked to her. Heck, she did not even see him for the past 2 days as she was stuffed up in her room.

Everytime her door would open, Sowon expected her father but he never came. It was only her mother who came to take care of Sowon.

Sowon felt hurt and neglected by her father. She did not know why he was not even coming to meet her even once, after the incident and the fight they had.

"Hello? Earth to Sowon? Come back from your world and tell me, what happened?"

Sowon blinked at her best friend, remembering that she left her hanging with a question. Tiredly, Sowon replied.

"I was just practicing my dance and fell down."

Sowon did not feel like talking about the incident because it made her furious. The two things she loved the most were away from her for almost a week.

"Are you sure? Do you want to talk abou-"

"Yes and no. I do not want to talk about it so please stop asking me more questions."

Sowon sniffed and hastily wiped her tears away, feeling bad that she almost dropped her anger on her best friend who was just trying to help her. She never felt more exposed than right now.