33 - 삼십삼 장

(Thirty-third chapter)

The worst thing about having a gut feeling is when it becomes true despite our dread towards it.

Sowon could not believe how she was stuck in such a situation as she hastily glanced at the five men surrounding her like a pack of hyenas ready to attack their prey.

From long ago she had a feeling that someone was following her and Sowon didn't think much about it but now she was regretting it, every inch of her ignorance since she was trapped in between some men who appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey girl," one of them began as he eyed her hungrily, "Why don't you have fun with us?"

She felt disgusted and repelled when his stinky breath hit her nose, "No thanks."

Sowon tried to move away and find another way to escape them but when another person blocked her way, she could not help but glare at him in anger.

"Move."

Her voice was filled with determination despite the fear lacing onto her. The men who looked slightly older than her laughed at her braveness, mocking her attempt to be bold.

"Aww or else what would you do?"

The one who seemed to be the leader of the group stepped closer to her, making her back up against the walk in fear. He smirked, "You seem lost, allow me to help you."

"Hey Ryan, let's take her to our place."

One of the men joked but it caused more panic in Sowon's heart as she tried to think of a way to escape them but found none.

The man near her had not stopped eyeing her from before and only nodded, making her stomach drop in disbelief.

"You are one pretty little thing indeed-"

He muttered and Sowon was ready to punch him if he came closer. He raised a hand to stroke her hair and Sowon almost hit him without any aim but stopped when something black suddenly appeared in front of her and covered her.

She could now only hear the groan of the man as the person covering her grabbed his hand and twisted it and she took this time to process what was going on.

"And she is mine."

The voice growled dangerously and Sowon almost lost her balance in shock when she realised that it was Namjoon who appeared out of particularly nowhere, protecting her from the men who tried to harass her.

"Hey who is this now?"

Sowon glanced from Namjoon's back, her eyes widening when she saw another male approach Namjoon when he was busy holding the other one.

But Namjoon was fast to notice it as he pushed the leader or Ryan toward his other friends in the back.

"You stupid hero, trying to save the girl huh? Guys, let's teach him a lesson."

The leader was glaring hard at Namjoon and his eyes darted back, meeting Sowon's widened ones and he only gave her a wicked grin.

In a swift moment, all of the five men charged towards Namjoon and Sowon was literally trembling behind him. One of his hands reached to hold hers and he carefully pushed her back to a little farther distance so that she might not get hurt.