16 - 십육 장

(Sixteenth chapter)

"Sowon."

It was a voice she knew, the one she cherished like a never-ending symphony. The echo of her name remained in the air, softly murmuring in her ear as a small smile curved upon her face.

She looked up to search for the person who had called her, excited to meet him again. There a few feet away from her stood he, tall and handsome as ever.

"Hi." She rasped in excitement while tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.

He smiled and she could have sworn to have seen paradise in it. He extended his arms open with the same heart-melting smile. Without hesitation she ran into the warm embrace, unable to keep her happiness aside.

They hugged for a moment before he moved away and looked into her orbs of bliss. His eyes had an intensity of both storm and calmness brewing as he leaned down and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.

She loved this moment and didn't want to let go of it. Closing her eyes she remained in his warmth as he whispered,

"Good night Sowon, sleep well-"

Sowon immediately snapped her eyes open, thankful that she was awake from her surreal moment. Looking around, she was relieved to have found that she was in her room and everything was just a dream.

Remembering the dream back again, it was no doubt that the girl was Sowon herself. Though the guy was not visible, it felt like a meaningful dream. She wondered who was the guy she hugging so lovingly.

What if...it was Namjoon?

"No way!" She chastised irritatedly.

The dream felt so real and vivid as if it was true like her subconscious mind was trying to convey something through the dream.

Sowon shook her head to remove such thoughts and decided to forget about the dream. Stretching her arms, she released a loud yawn before something caught her eye.

It was something brown kept over from her covers. She carefully pulled it out and examined the huge brown coat which was quite heavy.

Why does it look familiar?

Sowon tried to assess the coat but she knew it was not hers. Examining the fabric, she frowned when she noticed the long and numerous messy stretch marks it had, probably due to her shuffling during sleep.

Unable to remember anything properly, she decided to think later and headed to look at herself in the mirror.

"Why was I sleeping in my jeans rather than my pyjamas?"

She scratched her head, the mystery of her actions becoming more confusing. Did she drink? She shook her head, knowing that she didn't have a hangover.

Maybe a cup of coffee will help me, she decided and changed from her blouse to a comfortable shirt. Next, she pulled out her tight jeans and immediately felt freer as she remained in her 'Winnie-the-pooh' shorts.

"Oh, my poor legs."

Sowon rubbed her legs which had the print of her jean's stitch marks and they were stinging. She was still wondering about the mystery before a memory struck her.