28 - 이십팔 장

(Twenty-eighth chapter)

"Sowon, do you like stars?"

"Hmm?" She asked, looking at the person who stood beside her.

He had his eyes closed, his brown bangs waving along with the cool breeze. She looked at his refreshed appearance, wondering how on earth did she get such a handsome friend.

As if he heard her thoughts, his eyes peeled open and the first thing she noticed was the calm serenity among them. They shone brighter than the stars which the sky could gift her, illuminated by his mere spark of emotion.

That spark being his cheerful personality.

"Are you even listening?" He asked, waving his hand over her face.

She looked away towards the sky which washed with bright orange and reddish hue like art, of sunset. It was still time to see the stars yet but Sowon didn't need any, because he was already here with her.

He was the brightest star in her life.

"I am, Hoseok, I am." She whispered as she closed her eyes and felt the wind embrace her porcelain skin.

She didn't hear any response but she could feel him being happy beside her. For the first time in her life, Sowon could confidently rely on someone without the fear of them betraying her.

But she didn't think that she could have betrayed him either.

Sowon awoke, her senses still nullified with the recent dream she just had. With a tired sigh, she pushed herself awake from the warm bed and sat up straight.

Glancing around her eyes began to adjust the darkness filled inside the room. No sight of any light was seen and Sowon checked her phone, seeing that it was still midnight.

Why did I have such a dream after few days of no nightmare?

Goosebumps appeared on her body as Sowon tried not to let any negative thought wander into her mind regarding the dream she just had.

She was shameful to have been distracted away from the grieve she caused to the only person she cared the most for and wished she could forgive herself.

But Namjoon's words overpowered her guilts as she heard his words ringing like a warning bell, loud and clear.

"You are strong Sowon, you always were. It's just that you needed someone to show that feature which Hoseok did and now you feel weak without him. That's wrong because he only showed you your true strength, not made it."

Yes, that was true.

Hoseok was the one who showed her potential, not made it. But he was also the only one who showed her to it because no one else cared for her or tried to help her.

All except him and therefore, she felt the necessity to gather enough courage and formally apologize to him one day.

One day.

"What are you doing in the middle of the night?"

A lazy and sleepy voice called out from somewhere in the room which almost scared Sowon as she clenched her chest in a frightened manner.

"W-Who is it? Who is there in my room?" Her voice was shaking but she nevertheless held up a guard of any sudden danger.

"Huh, I seriously think you have a memory problem Sowon. Better check that thick head of yours."