59 - 오심구 장

(Fifty-ninth chapter)

Sowon was not ready for this.

She swallowed, already feeling a bead of sweat forming on her brow. The nervous smile displayed on her face seemed to not affect the person standing in front of her.

The lady smiled, her white teeth exposed and Sowon swore she could feel a shiver climb up her spine.

“Well hello, young lady.”

Sowon wanted to run away because somehow, the lady unnerved her. When she answered a knock on their main door, she did not expect to see an expensive-looking woman who gave her chills.

“Hello?” she squeaked.

The lady still gave no reaction. She must be thinking about my manners but I can't keep smiling at strangers. Sowon thought and somewhere in her brain, she could hear her mother's loud nagging to be more polite to guests.

“Uh, hi ma'am? Would you like to come in?”

“Ma'am? You are too formal, call me Mrs Kim.”

Right. Her question was still ignored so Sowon opened the door wider to indicate if the stranger wanted to come in. The lady eyed the interior with distaste.

“Would you-”

The woman cut her off.

“Are you alone? Where are Mr and Mrs Han?”

How does she know my parents? Sowon wondered and realised that the lady was staring into her soul so she shook her head.

“They went out shopping but will be back soon.”

The lady nodded. “Good then, won't you invite me inside?”

Sowon skipped the urge to swear or point out the fact that she had just asked the question twice but the lady completely ignored her. But somehow, she had a feeling that this stranger was not someone to mess with so she bit her inner cheeks instead.

“I am so sorry, please, come in.”

The lady seemed pleased as she steps inside and Sowon shows her the living room.

“Such a small room,” the ladyㅡno, Mrs Kim as she referred to herself murmured.

Probably smaller than your ego, Sowon mentally retorted inside her head. But she kept the weary smile on her face for polite's sake. If she did not then her mother would probably harass her with a ton of lectures to behave like a girl.

“Would you like to drink anything, Mrs Kim? Perhaps a cup of coffee?”

“Coffee? Such a redundant taste you have.” Mrs Kim scoffed and crossed her legs on the couch she was seated on. “Bring me tea.”

Sowon stared at the woman for a while, wondering if she had met her somewhere. Because the behaviour of the lady was strikingly similar to someone who annoyed her on their very first meeting and she hoped this was not the same thing.

How could she insult coffee like this?

“Of course,” Sowon nodded and left.

She entered the kitchen and began boiling the water which resembled her blood pressure. She ransacked her brain for any information if she knew the woman or ever met her because of the deja vù.