8 - 팔 장

(Eight chapter)

Obscurity.

That was what was whirling inside her head for days after she had met him. A groan left her chapped lips as she closed her eyes and tried to distract herself from the confusion.

"Sowon! Come here and help me prepare the tea."

Still in thoughts, Sowon quietly obliged and stepped into the kitchen, starting to grab random jars as her focus remained stagnant.

A burning pain brought her out of the reverie she was stuck in, wide eyes focusing on the stinging hand which got hit by none other than her mother.

"I told you to make the tea. Why are you grabbing the jar of salt and adding it to the water?"

Sowon's eyes remained wide as she realised her mistake and subtly kept back the jar of salt back on the shelf. Shaking her head strongly, she firmly decided to stop being a clumsy girl for once.

Grabbing the jar of tea leaves, Sowon added a spoonful into the pot of boiling water, the hot water raging more in temperature as the colour changed into dark brown.

Next she drained the dark water into a cup and mixed with it sugar and milk. Whilst stirring it, Sowon could feel herself being pulled into a storm of thoughts again.

"If you are done with the tea then go and serve it to Namjoon. I will bring the coffee and snacks for us."

Without any retort or sound of complaint, Sowon took the cup in a tray and started walking towards the dining table where her father and Namjoon were discussing some stuffs about business.

Eyes still unfocussed, Sowon quietly kept the cup of tea for Namjoon like a mere robot and sat down next to her father, still spaced out.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow after thanking Sowon, glancing at her sideways to see if she was okay. Seeing such quiet behavior from her, it made him feel unnerved.

They were still bickering and arguing on every topic they could while Sowon was forced to act like a lady and serve him, she would either give a deadly glare or hiss some incoherent words to his direction as extra.

But since a few days Sowon looked really out of herself. Namjoon wondered if she was facing something or worse, planning another prank for him.

Her pranks were the worst.

"Sowon are you okay?"

Snapping her head towards her father's direction, Sowon could only blink like she was seeing him for the first time as her brain tried to figure what was going on in front of her.

Nodding, Sowon took her cup of coffee which her mother served on the table, excusing herself before she left for her own room to think more.

Jung Hoseok.

He was a really good guy, one of the most loyal friend Sowon has ever known since her highschool days along with Haneul. He was a new transfer student but really intelligent and would offer to help Sowon everytime he could.

Before he had left for New York, Sowon along with Haneul went to the airport to bid farewell to their good friend. It was that day when Hoseok confessed to Sowon about how much he liked her and how he would want to get a chance when he comes back.

And now that he was back, Sowon was unsure what to do. She also liked Hoseok but as a good friend and she didn't want to ruin their friendship. But again, even after five years Hoseok came back and patiently asked her.