9 - 구 장

(Ninth chapter)

"Sowon."

Ignoring the loud call of her name, the girl sitting at the dining table did not care to give a glance at what the voice was trying to convey.

"Sowon."

The plate food filled with chicken and salad seemed to hold her attention more better because they were not talking nor mocking her plus, she could drive her fork into the food to calm herself.

"Han Sowon-"

"What?!"

Everyone sitting at the table looked incredibly at Sowon who just snapped like a person whose mental health was not okay. Mrs. Han gave a stupid glare at Sowon who seemed to give not a damn about it.

"Are you okay?"

Her eyes turned soft when she noticed her father worried as she slumped back in her seat, suddenly losing the anger which bubbled up inside her just a moment ago.

"I am fine. Why?"

"We were discussing about Namjoon's hobbies and found out that he loves cycling. Don't you love cycling as well?"

Snapping her doe eyes towards the male who was quietly sipping his soup, she realised he already had his brown eyes set on her.

"No I don't and I am not interested either."

That was a lie.

Anyone who was close to Sowon would know it like a fact that she was almost obsessed with cycling and would go for a ride every morning or evening. That was until he came along.

Ever since his arrival, her mother has been terrible enough to force her into being ladylike by stopping her from eating her favorite foods, confiscate her diary, continuos lectures and insults on any mistake and most importantly, stopping her from going cycling anymore.

Maybe going for a ride won't hurt.

But after the heated argument between them, Sowon was not even sure if she wanted to be near him in a radius of ten meters.

"Why not?"

Sowon narrowed her eyes as she equally glared back at her mother who seemed to act like she never tried to stop her daughter from continuing her daily activities.

"Do you want me to go mother? After all, you have stopped me from keeping my hobbies ever since this marriage popped out."

"Han Sowon, don't talk to your mother that way."

"Yes of course. Its all my fault that every responsibility stress is tearing my life apart and I also have to fulfil this condition to marry an unknown stranger just to satisfy my parents. What more can I do, right?"

Sowon excused herself from the table and left for her room, questioning herself if she could ever leave the table without starting a fight.

With a burdened heart and confused mind she didn't mean to snap that way. Though her mind was not so clouded, she still felt it was excess to snap that way.

"Won-ah?"

Looking up from her bed as her father meekly entered her room, she could not help but relive those memories of her childhood when her father would lovingly call her names and stroke her long hair.

When Mr. Han sat down both of them released a heavy sigh and wondered if the silence between them was relaxed or tense but surely, it was getting heavy.