49 - 사십구 장

(Forty-ninth chapter)

Silence.

It was a powerful tool that could be used in various situations to feign nonchalance or pretend like one does not know what the other is blaming for, all until the accused person starts talking. That's where it goes wrong.

In this case, it was the same with Sowon. She groaned, facepalming as she reminisced the recent scene she had with Namjoon in his room. How embarrassing, she thought. Maybe she wouldn't be so uneasy if he had not come in and saw her dancing around like a madwoman.

To add the cherry on top she began to argue with him in his room like she was the owner. Sure she was angry at him for not telling her about the plan that he was going to soon leave but it didn't give her the right to be this grumpy.

If Namjoon doesn't care, why should I?

"I don't want to care but I do."

Sowon silently confessed to herself.

Peeling her hands off her damp face she now looked at the culprit, the main reason why she had fallen into this trap; the diary. Thankfully Namjoon did not seem like he read her journal and it was an incredibly burden lifting.

Ring. Ring.

Sowon gazed around to check where the small noise was emitting from. The object buzzed under the covers on her bed and without any second thoughts, she answered the incoming call.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Haneul's voice rang out more sore and hoarse than usual, "were you busy?"

If face palming and having an intense moment of dramatic breakdown like those in the movies counted, then yes she was. But Sowon was not an idiot to just tell everything. She had to be careful now since Namjoon and her best friend seemed to be more friendly.

"Just laying around. What about you?"

"I skipped work because of this huge headache."

"Headache?" Sowon furrowed her eyebrows, "what happened?"

There was no verbal answer to her question but when she was startled with a loud sneeze from the other side of the phone, Sowon seemed to understand the scenario.

"You're sick?"

"Well duh," Haneul sniffed through her blocked nose, "someone had to get this cold to keep you and Mr Kim healthy."

Sowon rolled her eyes.

Haneul's efforts were quite funny and Sowon wondered if her best friend realised look like a very naive person pretending to be a wing woman like she had been paid to get her together with Namjoon.

"Whatever. Just eat hot food until you feel better with some medicine."

"Wait, why should I eat hot food? I mean I am already hot." Haneul snorted at her joke to which no reply came, "I mean my body temperature is too high."

"Then use ice packs and rest. I'll hang up now."

"Wait!" Haneul screeched, "so you are going to hang up, just like that? Even after you know I am sick?"