32 - 삼십이 장

(Thirty-second chapter)

Emptiness.

That was covering her heart this whole time she danced as ever as gracefully yet the remains of her heart chose to be something sinfully ridden.

Sweat trickled down her forehead as she halted her movements for a moment, glancing at her own reflection in the mirror.

Guilt had morphed onto the features of the face supposed to be called as beauty, those streaked eyebrows slightly lower than their usual positions, her brown doe orbs looking everywhere except her own eyes in the mirror. Her ponytail was hanging only halfway owing to the unending actions she was performing the whole time while some streaks were plastered to the side of her face with sweat and perspiration.

Chest heaving and rising rapidly, Sowon closed her eyes and tried to remove all thoughts from her head. Despite the feeling of exhaustion and ache cramping her body, the burning rush of blood to everywhere especially her cheeks, despite her feeling several feelings at once Sowon could not seem to cover the empty spot in her heart.

Pathetic, she reminded herself. She felt more pathetic than the time when she was bullied because during that time she had no choice but this time she had yet to choose the wrong one.

But what about her betrayal?

Sowon's mind had divided into two equal parts where one-sided with the fact that she was guilt-ridden, that she took the wrong decision to have Haneul out from her life because everything was related to her mistake.

And the other opposed the first thoughts with the fact that her own best friend had betrayed and damaged her relationship with both Hoseok and Haneul, that it was not her fault because she had the right to be angry.

Torn in between was Sowon's heart which was still empty and on the verge of losing its sanity. The absence of a best friend's warmth was the possibly worst things Sowon had faced twice in her life when she hadn't recovered from the first one yet.

"Dancing always clears my mind but seems like this is also useless."

She scoffed before walking into the bathroom to take a bath and head back home. Stripping off the sweaty clothes, Sowon hopped into the shower.

Warm water sprinkled, tickling her skin as she allowed the drops of water to flow on her skin. She rubbed the scrub all over her body, trying to remove all sweat and grime off. In fact, she subconsciously kept scrubbing hard on her arm to the extent her porcelain skin had become red with some blister.

When she was finally dry, Sowon checked the closet to find some extra clothes still kept in it. She picked a pair of matching sweatshirt and pants before changing into them.

"Uh, it smells like strawberries puree."

Maybe Namjoon had added perfume to the clothes because she likes the flavour. She shook her head, a smile almost appearing on her lips before she grabbed her other sweaty clothes and stuffed them into her bag.

She would wash them once she reached home.

Once she was ready, Sowon locked up the studio and began walking towards her house. Looking up at the sky, she was somehow surprised to see that the sun had set and nighttime was soon coming.

"Seems like I danced for a longer time than expected," She quietly chuckled to herself.

It was no doubt because she had a lot on her mind yet she could hardly get any riddance of them. However, she was content because at least she was able to practice her dance today.

Now she only wanted to go home safely.

Three hours later, Namjoon was secretly hiding under the protection of his black shades as he tried to diligently follow the girl without being suspicious but it proved to be hard now that it was getting dark.

Ever since Sowon left the house, he could not rest calmly without checking out that she was okay. After resting for roughly two hours, he had run towards the building which he had bought for her since he didn't want to drive.

Checking the studio, Namjoon assumed Sowon was practising inside so he decided to wait outside. After some time, his intuition was even more proud when he saw Sowon coming out of the building without noticing him.

"Should I talk to her or..?"

He was unsure but in the end, decided to quietly follow her back home since he didn't want her to think anything bad about him again. So he was here, trying to follow her home secretly.

Did she see me?

He stopped when she stopped walking, worry engulfing him for once when he thought she noticed him. But she only dug out her phone from her pocket before moving forward.

What trouble, Namjoon thinks to himself as he tried to himself behind a tree when all of a sudden Sowon turned back, looking around.

He removed his shades and slowly peeked out, sighing in relief when he noticed that she was walking ahead and no longer looking back.

"At this rate, I might become a professional stalker."

Namjoon joked to himself before smiling stupidly to himself. He was still hiding and leaning behind the huge tree, softly kicking at the soil around his feet.

For a moment he enjoyed the calm moment, forgetting for what purpose he was actually here for before he heard some shuffling which snapped him back to reality.

"Where is she?"

Namjoon asked himself, slightly worrying when he didn't see her anymore as he stepped out of his hiding spot.

The sun had already set so the darkness was covering the whole place except a dim streetlight which did no justice as it only lit up a single spot on the footpath. Else, there was nothing around except trees and an empty road.

Oddly no cars were moving around, Sowon had disappeared into thin air and he was worried if she suddenly ran away because she knew that he was following her. Was she?

"Woo-"

Namjoon's ear perked up and with his senses urging him to move forward, he moved towards the place where he heard a muffled noise.

He halted his legs to a stop when he noticed some figures standing near an old house, a few distances from his spot, gathered around something or rather someone in the middle.

Due to the darkness, they had thankfully not noticed him yet and he found it hard to see what was happening among them as well.

But with a glimpse of the petite figure helplessly standing beside the cottage, he got the feeling of who it was and felt the blood draining from his face as he realised the grave situation they were stuck in.

He could only whisper her name with fear before rushing towards her.

"Sowon."

A/N: Spicy chapters coming up soon but don't forget to share your thoughts and guesses ;)