38 - 삼십팔 장

(Thirty-eight chapter)

"We should go home as well."

Sowon stood up wordlessly, following Namjoon out of the café as he paid for his previous drinks and walked out of the café. Her eyes focused on the space outside the door and hoped to see a familiar figure loitering outside.

But when Sowon noticed that the lounge outside was empty, she felt her heart sinking. Haneul was nowhere to be seen and it made her more sure now that she hated Sowon. After all their fierce exchange, that was a given fact.

"Did you come here by taxi?"

Sowon nodded, her eyes still fixed on the space around. She knew it was useless but still, she was expecting Haneul to be somewhere around, waiting for her and maybe talk it out. She could jump out for a surprise hug, try to coerce Sowon but Haneul did not.

"Do you expect everyone to stay forever and pamper you all the time?"

Haneul's words hit her like a brick of realisation and Sowon finally understood what her ex-friend was trying to say. It was her ultimatum that she was sick of Sowon and wanted to move out from her life.

And Haneul did.

What am I supposed to do now, be happy? As much as stupid it sounded, Sowon was not happy. No. Even after talking out with Haneul, she was not happy.

She thought after letting it all out her heart would finally be happy in peace but instead, it was the opposite. Her heart felt like it was ripped from its place and trampled over. The whole of her chest was burning with an invisible fire of emotion and Sowon didn't know what it was.

"I brought my car so let's head to the parking lot behind the café."

Namjoon glanced back in worry because Sowon had not spoken a word yet nor was she crying as he expected. No. She was just nodding and walking like a doll, an emotionless robot.

It was the first time he saw her composed like that after such a big argument and honestly he was terrified if her mind was badly affected to the extent she didn't know how to react. After all, it was like a sudden bomb thrown at her.

They quietly walked towards the parking lot which was somehow far and Namjoon noticed that there were hardly any people in the area. The silence was too hard to carry on and he sighed, stopping in his tracks.

"Sowon."

Sowon heard her name being called but she didn't answer. Instead, she kept on walking with her eyes fixed on the dirty ground. She walked until her head crashed into a hard object which made her stumble back.

Normally she would have cried or complained but she didn't feel the need to do anything to get attention. So she picked her balance and began to walk around the hard object which was Namjoon's chest.

"Hey," He grabbed her wrist but she wrenched out of it, "why did you want to meet me?"

Sowon stopped walking, her finally snapping upwards to look at Namjoon whose eyes were filled with concern.

"Nothing."

She turned to walk away again but Namjoon groaned, "nothing, seriously? You expect me to believe that?"