10 - 십 장

(Tenth chapter)

The wind swirled and danced along with her hair as a smile ghostly appeared on her face. A serene feeling blossomed in her chest as she felt more refreshed than ever.

She was enjoying this moment more than expected and realised that this mere exercise was missing out in her life, her only escape from the stress of responsibilities.

"So this is the only limit of your capability?"

Choosing to ignore the purposeful taunt and rather act as if she was alone, Sowon merely diverted her glance towards everywhere except near him and tried not be swayed into his trap.

Sowon could only regret as she asked herself why she had joined him on this trip rather than coming alone as she continued paddling her way along the long stretch of Seoul roads.

The anger and irritation building up on her slowly cooled down and she mentally sighed, thanking the wind which caressed her face.

"Honestly, I expected more than this."

"Could you shut up?"

"No I possibly couldn't."

Grunting with the heave of her own weight on the cycle, Sowon started paddling more faster with a hopeful attempt to avoid the male who cycled beside her with an arrogant smile.

His platinum blonde hair tousled freely along with the wind while the dimples frequently made appearance on his cheeks whenever he would grin to himself. With his jawline seldom catching her attention, there was no doubt that Namjoon didn't look hot while cycling.

The honey orbs gleamed a rare excitement which soon morphed into deep malicious glints when they met her brown owns, a dangerous grin on his plump lips.

"Like what you see?"

"You wish."

As his deep laugh resonated like a distant yet pleasant echo beside her, Sowon wondered if he was enjoying the ride or the frown on her face. When the scenery around her because more familiar, she decided to change the topic.

"This is the place where I usually end my ride so we should stop here."

"Why, are you afraid to go forward?"

"I am not afraid of going forward Namjoon, I just hate the idea of going further with you."

"That doesn't sound convincing."

Sighing with a defeated spirit, the girl decided it was only a waste of energy to argue back against the jerk and stopped paddling.

She could feel his gaze on her actions as she stood from her seat and parked her cycle at the stand, locking it with a metal click and started walking towards the distant rest house without much interest.

"Where are you going?"

"You really do talk alot Kim Namjoon. Can you just follow me for once without opening your mouth?"

Sowon clamped her mouth shut when she saw the frown and stillness on Namjoon's body. Without another word, he hastily parked his cycle beside hers and walked behind her but with a far distance.

As they quietly trudged along the soft grasses she could not help but feel a little bad for snapping at him when all he did was ask where she was going. Maybe she was angry but she really needed to control her sudden outbursts.

The rest house made of bamboos and wood appeared more larger and wider as the two walked inside it, a smile feigning on her face when she saw the owner.