//Warm Embrace//

(A/N: To get these out quicker I'm spending less time editing, so if you see any mistakes, please point them out and I'll fix them ASAP! Anyways, thanks for reading! *Throws love and affection at u* (っ◔︣◡◔︣)っ ❤)

"Alright! Tomorrow we should be reaching B06-32!" Don cheered. My heart clenched. 'Yuugo you old bastard! We're coming for you!'

My time with Sonju and Mujika had gone rather fast. In just 5 days I'd practically mastered hunting and gathering- although I still had nothing to do with the 'preparaton'- or cooking portion, thanks to Mujika. In the spare time I had thanks to that I was working on my own physical strength. In truth, prior to now, I'd been one of the least physically adept- although I was quite fast for my age I lacked the physical strength and endurance to keep up with the older kids- especially Emma, Ray, Don, Poppy, Reina, Hayato, and Chris- even Nat, Anna, and Niko surpassed my endurance.

But now, it was hopefully a different story. I'd grown stronger and built up my endurance- although my speed was still certainly my strong-suit.

Lost in thought, I wandered around the caves, keeping close to the original group, of course.

I heard a faint voice speaking in the distance and approached to listen closer. "I can't afford to sulk around. I have to forge ahed... for the sake of my little brother's and sisters. They're counting on me." I heard Emma speaking to Mujika, her voice never wavering. I smiled to myself. Perhaps I shouldn't interfere...

"Wanna see them? Wanna see our family?!" Emma suddenly exclaimed, causing me to smile again. I should leave them be. But something kept me from leaving, causing me to sit just out of sight, listening in on their conversation.

"...And this is Norman." Emma concluded at last, clutching the photo of her and Norman carefully in between her fingers. "I'll never forget my promise to him... Never give up. Never leave anyone behind. Liberate every singly brother and sister. Of course we know that's easier said than done. We don't even have a plan yet." I smiled to myself.

"We'll make one!" I said happily, revealing myself from the shadows.

"Ah! Y/N!" Emma exclaimed. I giggled and rubbed the back of my head.

"We'll do it Emma, I promise!" I said, laying my hand on her shoulder. "We'll overcome do the impossible to save them!" I grinned, taking a seat beside the older girl. I looked down towards the photo in her hands. Norman stood smiling sweetly as ever, forever frozen in place. I reached out and touched the photo of my lookalike without thinking. "You know..." I began, looking up from the photo and staring into Emma's forest green eyes. "As you already know, when Norman went to the wall that day, I met up with him."

And then I began talking to Emma of all the stories he told me about his precious siblings, some of them quite embarrassing for the poor ginger listening to her as she spoke. I remembered the look on Norman's face as he'd retold the stories of his family. I wondered if I ever looked that way when talking about my own family. The care they have for eachother...its really something, isn't it?

Sure enough, by the time I finished, both Emma and I were crying- each for slightly varying reasons, though. After our ugly cry fest I sighed, drying my tears. "He asked me a favour right before leaving, though." I huffed, leaning back against the cave wall. "The audacity of him! To ask a favour of a stranger he knows nothing of..." I laughed dryly. "But its a promise I intend to keep. Do you know what it was, Emma?" I asked, turning to her.

Emma's face was bright with curiosity, her eyes sparkling in anticipation. "What was it?" She asked, leaning forward.

"...That's for me to know, and you to find out." I laughed, dodging the immediate punch Emma threw at my arm.

"Y/N! That's not fair! Tell me!" She shouted. We stared at eachother for a few minutes intensely, face-to-face.

"...are we about to kiss right now?" I said intently, looking into her eyes. She stared right back, completely focused.

"Pffft-" I was the first to break my cover, releasing the beginning of a small giggle. That then began breaking down both of us, until we dissolved into a fit of giggles.

"What- what was that?" A concerned Mujika asked, her hands raised in front of herself as if preparing to provide first aid. Emma and I stopped laughing and stared at her for a few moments before dissolving into another fit of giggles.

"You know- its funny-" I managed to get out through my laughs. "I really can't think of you as a demon at all-" I referred to Mujika as I laughed. "No demon would be so concerned for my mental health-" I continued laughing as Emma wiped a tear.

"Same with you, Y/N. I've only known you through others and in person for just over a week but if feels lie I've known you for so much longer!" She exclaimed.

'Oh, you have no idea...' I thought to myself as I smiled at the older girl.

"And not only that-" Emma continued. "You seem so much older than 9!" She exclaimed, poking a finger my collarbone. "Like you've lived for a long time!" She pursed her lips and scrunched her eyebrows together before grinning wildly. "And you seem smart even though you can be pretty dumb!" The ginger girl giggled.

I irked and raised an eyebrow. "Oi!" I yelled, grabbing her hand. "First off, I'm ten-!! Secondly, rude, and thirdly, age is- age is just- just a number-!!" I tried to say through my giggles as memories of my old life came back into my mind. "Oh, oh god. What am I saying." I mumbled, placing my face in my hands.

Mujika smiled, standing up and brushing herself off. She uttered something in her demon language before spinning towards us. "You know, this is the very first time that I got to see humans! To talk with humans, even! All thanks to you two and your friends!" She exclaimed happily. "Not as food, and not as enemies... you're different from other living beings. I'm happy I got to meet your friends..." The girl said, looking at us once more. "And you two, Emma, Y/N. I'm happy we could become friends." She said, her voice nearly breaking. I couldn't see her eyes, but I felt like if I could right now they'd be full of bittersweetness- and probably make me cry.

"Yes, me too." Emma answered with her commercial smile.

"And me too, of course!" I responded, my fits of giggles now gone. "And Sonju, too!" I said, looking around to see if the demon man was nearby.

"Thank you for these six days." Emma said, squeezing Mujika's hands which were in her own.

"....can I hug you guys please~" I whined, reaching my arms out. Emma grinned and wrapped her arms around me, both of us extending our hug to Mujika, who hesitated before accepting it gratefully.

And the three of us stood in a warm embrace; a demon girl, a fictional character, and a certified dumb*ss.