//Forward//

^Drawing from this morning :)

ANYWAYS I'M BACK IN BUSINESS BTCHES

have fun with this one hehehehehe <3

-----

Boots pounded across the ground as breaths heaved through laboured lungs. Running... running from something, but what? From who?

What was I doing here?  These woods weren't familiar– or were they?

I don't remember... I don't remember anything. Who am I, even? How long have I been here?

I had nothing but questions– and every one begged another instead of an answer.

My fingers were rough from the effort of scaling the massive trees, a task I did with the same ease I continued running with now. The same knowledge I seemed to have of these woods, of survival, of these... creatures I kept running into.

How long would this go on? When would I stop running?

My foot snagged on something– a tree root? No, a rope!

My feet were yanked out from under me as the world suddenly spun upside down. My stomach felt as though it dropped to the ground and then ricocheted off of the treetops– it's a miracle I didn't barf.

Ugh. I never liked this part. My brow furrowed. 'This part' of what...?

"You... are not getting any easier to catch."

-----

The thing about the Seven Walls? You never know what you're going to get going in. See, it's pretty hard to control– let alone be aware of– your subconscious mind's contents, from the vaguest of thoughts to the deepest hidden feelings.

"Is that Leuvis in a maid dress?"

Yes, it was.

"Oh, there's another one."

Yes, there was. There were six, actually– Each in a different type of maid dress. Let's move on, though- I'll leave the rest of the trauma-inducing sight to your imagination.

See, the maid Leuvis' weren't the only ...concerning part of the landscape that we encountered upon entering the Seven Walls. I stopped short in surprise as I laid my eyes upon it, and the others did, too.

Though I had been in the Seven Walls many times before, it had never been while one other person's mind was influencing it– let alone seven other trauma-ridden people with their own resulting habits, thoughts and feelings.

In short, there were a number of "concerning" things to be found. For example, Emma's biggest worry was the number of corpses on the ground. When she brought it up in an anxious tone, I cleared my throat and directed my attention elsewhere.

Yep. I don't know a thing about that. No siree...

Zack, on the other hand, was very concerned about the sky. Or rather, the lack thereof– considering that instead of the sky, Goldy Pond arced over us in an upside-down landscape, red-tiled roofs and winding brick roads just out of reach.

Norman's object of interest was the hallway that opened out of the middle of the space. It seemed to lead infinitely into the distance, and demon attendants prowled the length of the familiar hall, accompanied by humans dressed in white lab coats and holding clipboards. The hallway was lit with sickening florescent white lights, and the testing subjects of Lambda could be seen at a distance, stuck behind large glass panels that lined the halls.