//When pigs fly//

So firstly, I completely changed my plan for what happens next. Like completely. So I added in some foreshadowing to some previous chaps, (subtle as it is), which you'll unfortunately be missing out on. Everything should still fit together, though!

Also I feel like I should mention since I was tired of only using 'he' and 'him' I decided to start using X in place of his name (because I couldn't find any place to copy-paste it from). So just imagine that's his demon-language name. Although his name is now "X" (Ex) in my mind now, LOL.

Have a good read, hehehe.

-----

In the fleeting moment I brushed past the demon, I knew from the chill that ran through my body that something was wrong. I gripped the large hood of my robe over my head and face, ducking my chin further into my chest. As soon as I saw an opening I dashed into the crowd, flitting through and around the demonfolk as I attempted to keep my face concealed.

I dove into an alleyway the first moment I could and rested my adrenaline-filled heart, leaning against the cream brick wall. Thankfully, I was only a small while away from where I usually entered the castle. "That little sh*t-" I muttered as I pushed myself off of the wall, before leaving the alleyway briskly.

I soon arrived at the castle gates, neck aching from staring at the ground for so long. Per usual, the entranceways to the palace were surrounded by several guards. "The usual way it is, then." I snuck back out of the big gateway and crept around the corner. I paused in front of the wall, directly below a large vent- for human-size, at least. "H'okay..." I sighed after I glanced both ways, before placing my hands on my knees with an exhale to brace myself for what I was about to attempt once again.

I walked back a few steps from the vent and glanced both ways, puffing out my cheeks. Then, with a sharp exhale I dashed towards the vent, launching myself into the air before I could run head-first into the wall. I groaned as hand gripped onto the ledge, wincing from the strain, before flinging myself in to the opening. "I've certainly gotten stronger." I acknowledged my well-muscled arms and body beneath my cloak as I crawled through the fairly cramped vent.

I reached the end of the passage and peeked through the vent covering the hole just as one of the demon sentries walked by. I then turned to the bag laying propped against the wall beside me and, and quickly grabbed out the emergency mask I had stashed there, along with the finalizing parts of my demon disguise. I quickly pulled it on and swiftly kicked the vent open and leapt out-

"Oh, Y/N!" I stiffened as one of the demon sentries- Carl, I think, took notice of me from behind. "Sneaking in again?" He asked with a grin.

I chuckled dryly. "Something like that..." I kept my distance from the sentry, knowing full well my human scent was barely concealed at the moment. Although the demons had vowed not to eat humans- or had no reason to, at the moment, me showing up in front of them is like [favourite unhealthy snack] showing up in front of me in the middle of a diet that tests both my self-control and sanity.

 Would I eat that snack? Probably. And testing a demon's self control for the hell of it is definitely not on my to-do-list.

"Honestly, you should stop doing that." Carl the demon guard spoke, taking a step closer to me. My heat thudded in my chest like a cornered animal. "You'll worry your-"

"Sonju and Mujika, I know-!" I quickly dashed away before he could get any closer, quickly finding my way to the royal family's hall, where less guards were placed for my own convenience, and avoiding any sentries on the way. 

I made it to the main gathering room, which acted as a front door to my living space. "Oh?" Sonju poked his head out from an adjoining room. "I was wondering where you were. 'The one' playing pranks on you again?"