//Trust//

———

Leuvis stalked down the hallway towards the broadcast room. From the open doorway, he could see the flickering camera screens casting glowing lights across the floor. The broadcast room was a dead-end, he knew– anyone who was in there would have to leave via a vent on the high ceiling, or pass by Leuvis himself.

Leuvis entered the large room, with walls that lifted high into the air, the opposite side filled with hundreds of screens, showing live feeds from nearly every room in the farm, each one empty.

His eyes scanned the room, lingering on dark hiding places. Leuvis glided over to the desk, which would pose a perfect hiding place underneath. He paused a moment, a few feet away, then his arm shot forward, and the underside of the table was crushed. Whatever was hidden there was dead now.

As he pulled his hand away, he could see the edges of a mouse' carcass. Leuvis' eyebrows raised momentarily, and he pulled away from the table, eyes continuing to carefully scan the room. Suddenly, there was a loud beeping sound at the door. Leuvis spun, hand demolishing the alarm clock. In the moment his attention was turned, there was a clicking noise as a handcrafted mechanism activated.

In an instant, the papers skewered on the table were lit on fire.

The sprinkler system was brought to life– it was part of the emergency power system, and thus wasn't overridden when the lights went out. Leuvis raised an arm while he was pelted with water, obstructing his vision. Red lights flashed as a deafening alarm wail echoed throughout the whole farm.

Leuvis' grin only grew as Y/N walked out from the doorway entrance, gun in hand.

------

The ground was already slippery with water as it continued spraying from above, and dizzying red lights flashed, illuminating Leuvis' shadowy figure.

I stepped out from my concealed space by the door, revealing myself to the waiting demon. I looked at him a moment, and then to the malicious grin on his face. Then I darted forward, gun in hand. I fired it at his face and then dropped, sliding between his legs on the slippery floor.

I popped back up to my feet and fired again, at his back. The gun soon clicked as it was out of ammo, and I threw it while Leuvis lunged. His hand smashed into the control board behind me, and electricity sparked.

I skittered on the ground, scooping the gun up and hastily reloading it. Leuvis yanked his hand out of the control board, looking around for me, as he couldn't hear me over the sound of the screaming alarms.

I fired the gun at him once again, and he caught the bullet this time, between his long fingers, moments before it could hit his lower left abdomen. He spun to me now, reaching in my direction. I quickly turned away from it, leveraging a knife out of my belt with my right hand. As I spun towards him, I tightened my grip in a back-hand, plunging the blade into Leuvis' right side.

Immediately, his flesh started to regenerate around the knife. I gritted my teeth and yanked it out, sliding back. I was soaked to the bone, and my hair was plastered to my forehead. I moved to wipe the water out of my eyes, but my sleeve was just as soaked as my face– if not, even more.

I ran forward again, wielding two knives now. I swung high from the left, and Leuvis blocked the blade. I thrusted forward with the other one, and Leuvis slid out of the way while he swung his left arm, grabbing my hood and yanking me into the air. He pulled back his right arm, preparing to strike.

I gritted my teeth and swung my legs forward, wrapping my legs around his arm as his right hand blew right through where I'd been moments earlier. I pivoted, pulling my head out of my soaked and heavy cloak, righting myself on his arm. In the same movement, I kicked his face and then jumped off of him.