//Catch me if you can//

Does the cover fit the chap?
NO
do I care?
ALSO NO

Best part of having a lot of anxious energy when writing is eventually I'll go "you know what? F*** it" and then start everything all over from scratch.

Yes, that is what you've got here. This chap is the embodiment of my "no more f***s to give" energy.

So.

uh...

yeah.

<3

------

Now, while Cozbi wasn't the brightest demon in the pile, she certainly wasn't slow. So when the demons searching for Y/N earlier turned out to be humans, she connected the dots pretty quickly.

(Though that wasn't before she cussed– I mean, Cozbi hadn't seen humans in a long time, and suddenly, there wasn't only 1 within close proximity, but 8??)

"Oh, this must be Y/N's family," she'd thought. "they came for her, isn't that sweet–" and then she looked to Y/N, only to find her human friend already hightailing it away from town square, at a faster speed than Cozbi had ever seen her run before.

And Cozbi had seen Y/N run from several wild demons at once, while armed with only one throwing knife. To be running faster now... well, it was saying something. Cozbi even looked over her shoulder to make sure there wasn't some sort of horrific creature looming that would make her run like that.

But there was nothing there, and in the silence that followed Y/N splitting like a hot potato, Cozbi swore she saw a tumbleweed blow through town square.

"Mother f**ker." one of the humans cussed out of nowhere, breaking away from the group in a run. All the others suddenly spurred into action– as if they'd prepared for a similar situation.

"Emma, to the left!" the one who looked strikingly like Y/N yelled, and a smaller one followed the direction, taking a left out of the area.

Without any hesitation, the smooth-talking boy from earlier shot off directions to everyone else, and soon, all the humans had dispersed.

Cozbi spent an extra 2 seconds processing the situation. Then, feeling slow, she, too, ran off in the direction Y/N had left in.

-----

I didn't stop running until I crashed into someone, knocking them to the ground. I scrambled and climbed off of Cozbi, who groaned in pain.

"I've some luck," she grunted, picking herself up off the ground.

I rose to my feet, too, brushing off my knees.

"So... what was that about?" Cozbi asked drily, after a brief pause.

I blinked. "What was what?" I looked around anxiously.

"...Oh. Er, that? Yeah, that was..." I scooped my mask off the ground, as it had been knocked off in the collision. "Uh... that's, a... long story."

"Do you know those guys??" Cozbi gestured over her shoulder, in the general direction of town square.

"–Know them??" I sputtered. "Errr... you could... say that."

"So they are your family??"

"—Er... yeah..."

"—Wait, let me get this straight." Cozbi's face contorted in confusion. "You just saw the people you've been wanting to see for, like, forever, and instead of running TOWARD them, you ran AWAY?!"