//remembering the guide//

I felt the presence of someone standing above me before I heard them speak. "Oh? Near death already?" The voice said. It was a strange noise and seemed to come from all directions and bounce around in my head. I tried to move- tried to speak- but couldn't seem too. The voice made my heartbeat increase. Who are they? How can I hear them?

"You can relax, Y/N. I'm but an observer now." The voice said. It caused a buzzing in my memory- like something so close to being realized, just under the surface. "I suppose you don't remember who I am... but I can arrange for that to be changed..."

A hand was placed upon my head and there was a bright flash of light, and darkness overcame me as a feeling of falling engulfed my body.

-----

 I was now standing up- or it felt like it. I tried to look at my body but saw nothing. Everything was simply white- it seemed endless- aside from a desk sitting unattended nearby.

There was suddenly someone pulling back one of the chairs. A tall cloaked figure sat down, pulling out some papers. All of a sudden there was a flash and I saw myself- or my old self- laying on the ground- in the same position I died in. "Is this heaven?" I asked, pushing off of the ground.

"I'm afraid not." The man sitting on the desk said, his face completely shadowed. I watched as the other me paled. 

"Oh. Then you're-"

"I'm afraid I'm not Satan either." The figure said. I watched as I blinked before shrugging. The man gestured for me to sit down at the chair adjacent to him. "To answer the questions swirling around in your brain- I am not a god but I suppose to you humans I may be perceived as one- however, I'm something more like the overseer of dimensions, and guider of mortals- specifically, ones who enjoyed anime, manga, and the like while they were alive." The other me hummed as I sat down and folded my hands in my lap. The figure nodded before continuing. "I give souls like yourself a chance to be reincarnated into one of the worlds of these animes and mangas as you would desire- however, it always comes with a price." He said before leaning forward, his figure growing in size. 

"Then, Y/N. You may continue to the afterlife that follows your religion...or... you can become reincarnated into a universe of your choosing- be it an anime, book, manga, etc, and live your life out there. Which do you chose?" He asked, sitting back down in his seat.

The other Y/N hummed. "Well, I mean, the second option." she said with a shrug, as if the choice were obvious. From my vantage point I couldn't see the man's face, but I could tell he was grinning from the sound of his voice. 

"Excellent choice. Then, which universe would that be?" He asked me. 

I watched as I bit my lip. "The Promised Neverland." I stated after a moment of thinking. I blinked, the memory of why I chose this universe beginning to resurface. 'I see... so the whole reason I came here was because of the people I'd be able to save in the first place... If only I could've remembered this sooner!'

The man wrote something down on a sheet of paper before looking back up. "Then... I will now be giving you some dice. Depending on what you role will affect your abilities in this other world. He then gave me a bunch of D20 dice and I blinked before rolling them all at once. I watched as the man saw my rolls and dropped his pen.

"You managed to get 16-20 on every single dice but two... which you got a 3 and 8 on." He face-palmed. Each of the dice was a different colour and therefore meant something different.

He then wrote down the results and explained what they meant. "You're exceptional in every category but two. The lowest you got aside from character relevance- which is 3, and wisdom- which is 8 is strength, which you received a 16 on.