//Hot chocolate :(//

Cover is inspired by last chap and also drawn by me

-----

I pushed open the door with another shiver, and I stomped some of the snow off of my boots. "We're–" I started, only to look up to Cozbi, standing in the hallway. She turned to me in surprise.

"There you are! What're you doing??" Cozbi crossed the distance to stand directly across from me in less than a second. She leaned down to peer directly into my face. I looked away awkwardly as she turned an accusatory stare at Ray. "What did you–"

"Move out of the doorway please, it's cold as a bitch out here," I interrupted, pushing past her, Ray following suit. As soon as the door was closed, I began brushing snow off of my sleeves and shoulders. "Are you even supposed to be here right now?" I asked the demon girl.

Cozbi shrugged. "Mujika came, I followed."

"Mujika–?"

I was interrupted as she pulled me to the side. "What is wrong with your face?" she asked.

I cleared my throat to avoid stuttering. "It's cold outside?"

In response, Cozbi slung an arm over my shoulder and leaned in close. In a very quiet whisper, she asked, "Do you need me to stab him?"

I choked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I have my sword outside," Cozbi continued, nodding in the direction of the door. "So if–"

"What did I say about stabbing humans?" I hissed.

Cozbi squinted in thought, a frown on her face until she conceded. "Not to do it... But–"

"No buts! No stabbing!"

"But you stab people all of the–"

"Yeah, well, usually, they try to stab me first!" I retorted. "Or eat me! Both of which are deal-breakers!"

"But if he–"

"No buts!" I repeated. "If Ray ever needs stabbing, I'll do it myself."

"I heard that," Ray called from down the hall.

"Good!" I yelled before turning to Cozbi. "Okay?"

"No stabbing," she nodded her agreement, though it was reluctant. "–But punching is on the table?"

I let out a groan, but a voice interrupted me before I could speak.

"Y/N!" Mujika exclaimed, appearing down the hall. "Oh my, were you out in that weather dressed like that?" Her hands quickly found either side of my face– as if there was some sort of magnet connecting the two, and I squirmed. "You're freezing!" she exclaimed as her hands made contact. "Look at you! Goodness, your lips are practically blue! What were you thinking!?"

"We weren't out that long," I tried to put in, but Mujika wasn't having it.

"Oh, you should know how you are by now!" she berated. "Why didn't you at least add another layer?"

"I was in a rush," I said, to no avail– There was no stopping Mujika once she was prattling like this.

"What are we going to do if you catch a cold!?" she ranted. "You're supposed to be resting! Oh, I knew I shouldn't have let you out of bed!" She took my wrist and started walking briskly down the hall. I turned to catch a glimpse of Cozbi before I was pulled out of sight.

"Hands to yourself!"

Mujika was speaking in a fast-manner, almost to herself, as she tramped through the hallway. "We've got to warm you up, fast. Do you think someone can make tea?"