//Oops//

This chapter may contain descriptions of violence that are upsetting for some readers 😎😎

-----

Cozbi and I slowly approached the two demon children, hardly making a sound as we glided across the forest floor. We soon rounded the tree on the edge of the campsite, startling Orion, who sat awake.

"Cozbi-??" The demon whisper-shouted, noticing me a moment later. "And Y/N?!"

"Sup." I raised a hand as I moved around to the other side of the tree while Cozbi began untying the rope that loosely held the children in place.

I shook the little girl demon awake, who rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Hey." I whispered while she came to. "Don't freak out." I quickly spoke when her eyes welled with tears. "Your momma asked me to help you get back home. I'm gonna need you to listen to your friend right there-" I gestured to Orion. "-they're gonna run you all the way back home, kay?" The young demon girl nodded along nervously to my words. Just as I heard stirring in the campsite, Cozbi succeeded in freeing the two children.

"Aha!" a demon exclaimed. "There they are!" Demons quickly swarmed from the tents and Cozbi and I sprang up, placing ourselves between the kids and the bandits.

"Go!" Cozbi hissed over her shoulder while they began to surround us.

"But what about-" Orion began, but Cozbi shook her head.

"Head to Lambda once you've taken her to the village. The others are waiting there. We can handle ourselves, so get going!"

Orion nodded their head solemnly and grabbed the hand of the other child, dashing away from the camp. "They're getting away!" A demon called, gesturing to the children.

"Let them!" Another bandit exclaimed. "They've served their purpose already." The demon who spoke stepped forward, as the gap that allowed Orion and Addy to slip through closed shut, and Cozbi and I found ourselves completely surrounded. "So you two are the one's who've been raising hell here these past 3 months."

I hummed, pulling a knife into my hand. "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about." I tilted my head, finding myself back-to-back with Cozbi as we surveyed our enemies. "I just followed you here after you kidnapped my little demon friend."

The demon bandits scoffed. "A likely story. Regardless, it doesn't matter. Anyone who messes with our captives is dead meat."

"Ohmygod Y/N they called you "dead meat."" Cozbi spluttered. She began to explain what was funny when she didn't see me laughing. "You know, it's funny because-"

"You shut up right now." I exclaimed cheerfully, a deadly edge to my voice.

"Yep. Yeah, I'm just going to shut my mouth. Good point." Cozbi nodded, slowly unsheathing her sword. The demon bandits began to step forward, readying their own assorted weapons. "Hey, whaddya say we make another bet?" The blue haired demon offered, glancing over her shoulder at me for a moment. "See who can take out the most of 'em."

I tilted my head, eyes focused on the approaching bandits. "What are the stakes? Considering we might not live to see another day."

"Let's leave it at if we survive, loser owes the winner a favour."

I raised an eyebrow. "Any boundaries?"

Cozbi shrugged. "We can discuss that should we make it through tonight alive."

"Fair enough-" I had just enough time to respond before the bandits were upon us.

Immediately I ducked, slashing through the ankles of the one closest to me. While it stumbled and bellowed in pain, I raised my knife and yanked off it's mask. I turned to another demon approaching me and slashed my saxe knife up it's chest. While it regenerated, I turned to the first demon once again, and plunged my blade in it's center eye.