//haircut//

-----

Of course, only minutes after my conversation with Yuugo, we were bombarded by demons. I knew that getting a full night of sleep was too much to hope for. We were continuously attacked for the rest of the night.

It was now nearing evening on the third day, and despite myself I was extremely tense. Despite knowing when the poachers would attack in the original manga, I couldn't let my guard down. They could choose to attack sooner or later- and the longer time dragged on the more tense I became.

"Look!" Emma exclaimed cheerfully, holding out her pen, the small screen glowing in the air. "We're up to A07-63 already!" She bounced up and down on her toes. "Seems like we'll get there earlier than I thought!" I smiled at her. It was nice to have such a cheerful presence on the journey.

Ray and Emma were quiet for some time, each deep in their own thoughts.

"Oi Ray." I said, leaning towards the raven-head. "How many bullets do you have left?" I asked. I wanted to know how much my support had eased their ammunition usage.

He hummed. "About 87% of what I originally packed." He answered.

"87%??!" I exclaimed. Wasn't it like 25 bullets in the manga?! Although he only lost 8 ammo after they were chased by the demon hoard in the original...isn't that a bit too much??!

"What?! Is that a problem?" He turned to me quickly, worried about my reaction. I blinked for a moment, pulling myself out of my thoughts.

"No, no! It's just more than expected..." I sighed, staring into space.

We began searching for food, and Emma turned up with the most out of all of us. Grateful for the food Reina, Gilda, and the others helped in packing for us, we ate our dinner.

I yawned, inspecting my clothes and grimaced. The nice clean clothes I was gifted... they're so dirty! They were nearly as torn and battered as I was, smeared with demon blood, dirt, and god knows what else. My elastic was broken and I went through my pocket to find and extra one but came up with none. I used those all up quickly...

I sighed, combing the pesky white strands out of my face once again. Damn you Norman and your fast-growing hair genes! How often did Isabella have to cut it to keep it that short-

"You don't happen to have an elastic, do you Emma?" I asked, rubbing my hair. She frowned.

"No, I don't need them, unfortunately..." She said apologetically.

"No, no, it's fine! I'll probably just have to cut it again..." I sighed, tucking it behind my ears. I caught Ray staring at me and gave him a look. "What?" I asked, trying to keep my memories of last night from infiltrating my brain.

He coughed and turned away. "Norman's hair grew really fast too..." He confirmed my beliefs with a sigh. He then turned back towards Emma and I and raised an eyebrow. "It's kind of fascinating how two people with such similar genetics can behave so wholly different." He said lightly.

"True, true!" Emma chorused in agreement.

"Eh- is that a bad thing?!" I exclaimed, looking between the two older kids. Ray hummed while I was suddenly engulfed in a hug by Emma.

"Of course not, Y/N! We love you and your weirdness just the way they are!" She said sweetly, nudging her chin into my head.

I pursed my lips. "Jee thanks." I grumbled while Emma continued to nuzzle her cheek into mine. It was then that I heard a snort from Ray. "Is something funny...?" I growled, looking to the raven-haired boy facing away from me. His shoulders began to shake and I felt Emma trembling on top of me in kind. I pursed my lips as I watched the scene unfold.