//Rematch//

-----

I plopped my lazy *ss down on the couch in Norman's office while I listened to the albino himself converse happily with everyone. An unintentional frown tugged at my lips as Norman talked about demons and I could feel the hate that surrounded him, albeit barely visible in his face, obscured by his childish smile. 

As Norman continued to speak I felt the shift between his happy, light-hearted self to his cold emperor self whenever he spoke about the dark parts of his plan. As I watched him interact with them I felt my heart squeeze as I came to reality- 'of course one day of relaxation hadn't cured over a year of trauma, idiot. It was worth hoping, though...'

I stayed quiet while Norman finished explaining the situation, despite the sick feeling that arose in my stomach, which only worsened when I watched Emma fake her smiles while praising Norman's plan of eradicating the demons. It was quite obvious that the only one who really noticed the ginger's discomfort besides me was Ray, both of us watching Emma's reaction to Norman's plan with a suspicious side-eye. 

"Well then!" Norman finalized with a clap. "We can take it easy for now and discuss the details later. You must be very tired, no? Let's focus on resting for now." I raised my eyebrow as he spoke about taking a break. 'I practically had to kidnap you to make you take a break yesterday. Get off your high horse, hmm?' Despite my thoughts I found myself yawning as I listened to the albino's relaxing tone of voice. He should do ASMR. Wait. I held my chin with a hum, as I stood in deep thought. 'Would he actually be really good at that?? Wait, hold on.... w h y does 'Norman doing ASMR' actually feel like a good idea...? ...Am I high...?' 

"Everyone's leavin-" Ray began to notify me before I hushed him, placing a finger to his lips. 

"Shush, child. I'm experiencing a revelation." I tried to quiet him as I considered making a living off of Norman ASMR in the human world, but to my dismay, Ray only stayed quiet for a moment- the moment he processed my words for. 

"Child-!?" He huffed angrily, a vein popping out of his forehead. "Listen here, brat-" 

"I'm eleven so shut the f*ck up." I sassed, quoting the fine, as I was unfortunately broken away from my train of thought. I then remembered that Ray wouldn't get the reference and paled. 'Oh sh*t.' "Uhhhhh I got to goo-!!" I exclaimed, running from the room to catch up to the train of children as they exited Norman's office. 

I caught up to the children just as Norman took notice of the younger children's worried glances. I hid nearby and watched the dialogue between them. 

"What's the matter?" Norman asked the small children, coming to an adorable childish crouch in front of the pipsqueaks. My heart squeezed and I tried not to make a noise- although against my will a small squeak left my lips.  'He looks like such a sweet older brother!' I fangirled to myself, on the inside, thankfully. I felt my eyes begin to water as I watched him before I smacked my face, sniffing all of my tears back in. 'Goddammit Y/N!!' I yelled at myself, likely making quite the frightening face to avoid crying. 'NO ONE LIKES A DEHYDRATED B*TCH.' 

"Norman...here you are the...boss, right?" Jemima asked, snapping me back out of my thoughts. Despite the adorable little girl's voice being small, it carried throughout the room well, everyone turning their attention to her conversation with Norman. "Hayato talked about it... 'The boss feels like a god', he said... And we saw how everyone was amazed... You're an incredible person- the boss of this incredible hideout... and now you're Minerva, right?" The girl confirmed with large wet eyes. I saw as what Jemima was about to ask lit up in Norman's face, his lightbulb going off as his eyes widened. "Then what should we call you?" Jemima finished, her own worry spreading throughout the room in kind. "Mister Minerva? Or Boss?"