//The woods//

Crying screaming throwing up, I wish I had a side profile like that.

Anyways, this chapter is just over 4.7K words, so have fun ig. You can consider it me making up for yesterday's cliffhanger <3333

-----

I finally stopped running when my legs near gave out. I leaned against the nearest tree, heaving for breath while I slid down the trunk. It was approaching noon now, with the sun overhead and the air so warm. I wiped the sweat off my brow and pulled off my cloak. I gazed up at the treetops while I calmed my breathing. "Now, where the hell am I?"

I walked around slowly, until I found what I was looking for; a special moss that only grows only on the north side of trees, regardless of the hemisphere. I sat against that tree's base, resting now that I knew for sure the direction I'd been running in. "Lambda is north-east of the capital..." I murmured to myself, closing my eyes. "The camp was travelling south-east for a day, at a significantly quicker pace than we moved with Cozbi's group. And I've been running south-west for the past 12 hours..." I sighed, bowing my head.

"S**t, I'm probably 2 days from Lambda and, travelling alone... maybe 6 or 7 from the capital." I knocked my head against the tree. "I'm armed with two throwing knives, and I don't know where exactly I am." I sighed drily. "At the very least, I'm not trapped in a camp that'll inevitably find out I'm human and eat me... Though, of course, the biggest 'problem' there has already found out the human part."

I picked up my cloak and fumbled with the collar, pulling out my packet of herbs. But as I opened it and rifled through the packet, I found only a few leaf scraps. "S**t, just when it couldn't get any worse. I've got 36 hours worth, probably. Not enough for either direction." I groaned, leaning back against the tree. "Man, I was really banking on Cozbi being here."

"Moreover, between Lambda and I, there's a camp of blood-thirsty demons I indirectly just burned the camp of down, who now not only know I'm 'Y/N,' may also know I'm human. In Cozbi's words: I'm f**ked."

I stood up from the tree now, yawning. Mujika had showed me the plant the herbs were from, but it only grew by watersides. Armed with two throwing knives, going to near water could be suicide. Of course, travelling through the woods alone- armed with two knives and reeking of human- would also be suicide.

I winced, looking to where my arm had been cut a few nights ago. I had hastily bandaged it at the time, and kept it tucked under my cloak, even placed an extra leaf against it so my blood wouldn't smell, but now, without any medicinal herbs, I risked infection.

I decided treating the wound came first. Though all my spare bandages were in my confiscated knife belt, along with all my medicine tools, I felt I could figure something out. I wandered around until I found one of the medicinal herbs Mujika had taught me about years ago. I pulled out the plant carefully and then cut off the roots, stuffing them in one of my pockets.

After finding a group of the "sea-anemones" plant that contained water, I rinsed the partially scabbed-over wound as best I could, and cleaned off the makeshift bandage I'd used earlier. As I looked at it, I frowned. It was deeper than I thought- if it came to it, it might need stitches.

Then, I used two rocks to smash the plant roots until they were more malleable. I rubbed them onto the bandage and pressed them against my arms as best I could. Usually, I'd have made a paste from the roots, but I lacked the tools. Finally, I wrapped the bandage around my arm tightly, tying it off.

It would have to do for now, I figured. Now I decided I needed to make my decision on which direction to go- all the way to the capital, or back to Lambda.