//Cold//

I've no idea if this chapter is even comprehensible. 

But that's okay. 

Probably.

Have fun <33

-----

I arrived at the farm safely, managing to avoid any wild demons along the 24 hour journey. On the way, I'd stopped by where I'd escaped from the bandits. The camp was long-since abandoned, and the bandits had left back in the direction they were walking in before they'd stopped for the night. I prayed they were still heading east of the capital now.

Now that I was at Lambda, I entered though the gaping hole Norman had blown open years ago. "Hello?" I called into the once-abandoned farm, walking towards the common area. As I pulled open the door to the common room, I found it busy as usual; the demons were in the middle of their midday meal. "Heyoo..."

"Y/N!" Orion called, leaping to their feet. All the demons glanced up from their meal to look at me. Several of them waved happily while the rest turned back to their food. Though one blue-haired kid seemed a little shocked, maybe disappointed. I raised an eyebrow. 

"You're okay!" Orion ran up to me while the other demons began to fall back into peaceful chatter. "What happened?" the kid asked. "I ran all the way here after dropping Addy at the village, and then Benny and Aurelia left after you, but they haven't come back yet..."

I crouched down in front of the kid. "I assume you haven't seen Cozbi, then?" I asked, and Orion shook their head. I smiled thinly. "Cozbi and I were captured, but I managed to escape. I'm not sure how she's doing right now... have you heard anything from Aurelia and Benny? Any letters or something?"

Orion shook their head no. "No, nothing..."

"Alright." I hummed. "Give me a second to get myself some food– I'm starving. Then we can come sit and talk." I walked over to where a large pot of stew sat and scooped some into a bowl for myself. Once I grabbed my utensils I waved Orion over and took a seat on the floor. "Do you know of the situation here?"

Orion nodded. "One of the moms told me... Baron Leuvis is here running experiments. He's already found a way to postpone our degrading, and he says he's approaching a final cure formula. Apparently it could be ready any day now..."

"That's good..." I hesitated. "...ish."

Once I finished my meal I stood quickly to my feet. "Can you show me where Benny and Aurelia left from? I'll try to follow their tracks. If they're heading the same way I am, I'll continue to track them."

Orion stood up beside me. "Okay, I'll show you."

The dark-haired demon showed me to where the tracks started and I studied them a moment, making sure they were indeed Benny and Aurelia's. "See you, Orion!" I waved to the demon before going on my way, once I confirmed that the tracks were the right ones.

Orion waved after me. "Stay safe, Y/N..."

I followed Benny and Aurelia's trail quickly, feet brushing near-soundlessly over the forest floor. Eventually, their tracks stopped at the bandit's old hideout. They were more recent than the tracks at the camp- perhaps by half a day. The footprints wandered around the camp- possibly Benny and Aurelia looking for information.

And then they set off in the direction that the bandits had left in, following on top of the tracks. I followed the footprints until there was no more sunlight, and climbed up into a tree to rest. 

I leaned against the trunk and gripped knives in either hand, slowing my breathing down. I would not fall into deep sleep, so I'd remain aware of my surroundings, yet I would get proper rest while I waited for enough daylight to be able to read the tracks with ease.