//Idiot...//

Ray ibispaint fun from last time I discord streamed

Too tired to edit so enjoyyyyy

——-

I was still smiling when in a flash, Day and Night was spread out in front of me. I glanced around myself– I was alone.

Propping my hands on my hips, I shook my head with a sigh. "If you wanted to talk, you should've pulled me directly here," I said. "It's not fair to keep the others blocked out."

X whisked into existence in front of me. Their adolescent form leaned close as their mouth pulled into a pout. "What makes you say I blocked them? That you're not first?"

"Please." I raised a sardonic eyebrow. "You're telling me not even Emma is here yet? Even with that potential miracle aside– I've been through here enough to know a real Ray when I see one."

X puffed out their cheeks. "And here I thought I was doing you a favour..."

"I appreciate the sentiment," I said, "But I'd like it if you would let them in."

The demon deity huffed in that same childish way; ever so unbefitting of their lifetime. "You're no fun..."

"I know," I said. My lips pulled into a smile as I raised a hand to their head, giving it a little pat. "I wanted to say thank you. You saved my life, when you certainly didn't need to."

X hummed. "Interesting you should thank me, since I played a key role in said near-death experience."

"Baby steps," I said, "Baby steps. So... can you let them in now? Please?"

X rolled their eyes and snapped their fingers. "Fine."

In an instant, the others appeared– all of them, to my surprise. Did they all technically make it here before me; even with my "experience"...? Yeah... I'm definitely not going to volunteer that information.

I noticed the poorly-concealed look of horror in their eyes as they saw me standing next to the deity. I rushed to shake my hands in a dismissive gesture. "I just got here," I said. "Nothing's been done yet." Hesitant relief passed through the crowd.

 "I must admit," Norman said, "I wasn't expecting that after all of that, we'd get here at the same time."

I jabbed a thumb in X's direction. "For that, you can blame this one. But what's done is done. Everyone, meet X." The reception of the deity was certainly... mixed, at the very least, with expressions ranging from disinterest to curiosity, with a few settling on downright hatred. "So, X..." –I glanced between my family members and the god– "You know what we're here for, right?"

"Of course!" X said. "You human children wish to rewrite the promise, not even a century after the last. How fickle-minded you lot are... So let's hear it then; the proposition."

I glanced once more between the others and the god. "We want for all humans, as they are now, to cross to together to the human world." I took in a breath, "And after that, we want crossing to be impossible from either side."

With a deliberating hum, X kicked their legs back and floated cross-legged. As their smile deepened, they rolled onto their stomach, and propped their chin up on their clawed hand. "Interesting... I see you've put careful thought into the wording... Now, you're not supposed to be able to refuse once I've stated by reward, but I'm the omnipotent god, and I make the rules. So how about I give you a proposition?