//Resolution...or not?//

Oh, the laugh I made while writing this chap.

Have fun with this one besties. Maybe put on some action music, or spy music, even, for dramatic effect, and sit back and enjoy.

Cover image is also a lil doodle I did mostly on stream on discord (between 1-3:30 am 😛😛) More reasons to join, hehehe.

-----

"I hate escort missions." Norris grumbled, crouched in an alleyway with me.

I poked my head out of the alleyway before leading the way out. " I don't really want you here either, for the record."

"What are we looking for, exactly?"

"I'm trying to find Sonju and grasp what the situation is."

"and you need me because...?"

"Mujika said so, and I'm recovering from an arrow wound and a 20% blood loss." I responded curtly.

Norris nodded solemnly. "Can't say no to Mujika...Wait, you're WHAT??!"

"Shush!" I hissed, ducking back in the alleyway. A small group of bandits were moved past, their shadows creeping towards our hiding place.

"I can't do this anymore." one of them grumbled. "Everyone who even made it to the castle is dead already. How do we even know there are humans inside?"

"Well, I mean, there's at least one, so what's to say there aren't more?"

"They're talking about you!!" Norris gasped.

"Shut up, you total dumbass-!!" I hissed in exasperation.

It was too late now, as the bandits had taken notice of us. I ducked and rolled out of the alleyway, and Norris leapt out behind me, unsheathing his sword. I took out a few bandits out with a knife, while Norris slashed through the rest.

Once the fighting was over, I crouched near the ground and took a moment to catch my breath.

"...how're you doing?" Norris asked.

I rose to my feet. "I'm alright."

"Let's keep going, then. We haven't found Sonju yet..."

"He better be alive." I muttered, sticking my knife in my belt. "I've grasped most of the situation by now, though. The bandits are mostly dealt with, and the soldiers are starting to regroup at the castle. Most likely, they're going to start from there and then to a final sweep to make sure all of the bandits remaining in the capital are dealt with."

"Yeah." Norris agreed. "Sonju actually went over that plan with us earlier."

I raised an eyebrow. "You're telling me that you guys actually had a plan? How did it all go to shit, then?"

Norris frowned in thought. "Like you said, a large force of bandits came from the West. Sonju did place a few groups of soldiers there–turns he was concerned about what you'd said, after all. But the reinforcements numbered closer to a thousand instead of a just a couple hundred. I've no idea how they rallied so many bandits so fast. They must've been planning this for a while.

"We also didn't expect that they'd be sneaking in small groups, disguised as citizens, hours before the initial attack. It was a good tactic. They struck us from behind, just as the ones at the gates attacked, and caught us by surprise. Only now, we're managing to overwhelm them with numbers." Norris huffed. "There's bound to be some complaints from the citizens later, though. Pre-Mujika's rule the garrison was nearly 3 times it's current size, so this situation would've been solved easier."