𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

haruto

Mom slapped my dad in front of us. She kept screaming at him. Dad looked so exhausted, he was just staring at the floor with a blank face. My sister sat closer to me with a worried face. I feel myself burning. I didn't want my sister to see this, but it happened. As my mom kept on shouting, I just told my sister that we'll go to her room.

"Cover your ears." She nodded and we left the commotion.

My sister sat on her bed and tears started forming in her eyes.

"Nii-chan (brother), why? Why are they fighting?" she asked me.
"I don't know..." I felt my voice quiver. I couldn't look into my sister's eyes.
"I thought we're fine. I thought everything's going well for us. A happy family. That's what dad said." I heard her voice break. She cried. I just listened to her ramblings while I thought about the future. What will happen if one of them leaves us? I can never bear the weight of how I'd feel when that happens, especially the effect of it to my sister.

next day...

I went to school, feeling drained. Last night was a mess. My sister stayed at home. She didn't have the energy to go to school.

"Ruto-kun?" Rima came to me and looked worried. I really look that exhausted, huh.
"Ah, I'm fine!" I faked a surprised expression and chuckled.
"Alrighty!" I felt her boosting energy and it lit me up a little. She knew about mom and dad before. I just don't want her to worry about it. She's a real bother sometimes when she does. Though, I appreciate her effort. There are just times that I need personal space and she would butt in. But Rima is really nice and caring. I don't blame her for that.

I went in my room and saw my classmates waiting for me. After a minute, class started.

----

I grabbed the box of juice that fell from the vending machine. I took a sip and looked at the time. It's time to go home again...

I passed by our security guard and I went to the park across the school. I saw a bench and sat down there. While I was sipping my drink, I got a message.

5:07 They're fighting again...

I sighed and looked at the sky.

I thought everything's going to be alright. Everything will go back to normal after mom and dad reconciled. Damn.

My heart ached and I felt my tears running down my cheeks. I didn't hold it back. I let all the pressure in my heart go out, all those thoughts and feelings. I looked down and my tears were falling non-stop. I cried, and cried, and cried. I felt the uncertainty in my chest, when things go bad, what will happen to her?

Suddenly, I felt someone looking at me. I was supposed to stand up but a hand stopped me.

"I knew there was something wrong."

I turned around and saw Rima looking at me worriedly. She hugged me and rubbed my back.

"I'm always here, Ruto-kun. Always."

I hugged her back while crying, and told her about my grief.