𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘪

I went to school early today because I need to help with the preparations for an event in school. I felt a little haggard when I arrived so I went to the restroom to freshen up. My hair felt uncomfortable, too. When I checked myself in the mirror...

THERE'S GUM! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!!

"Oh no."

I heard someone from behind me. When I looked to where that voice came from, it was a senior.

"Here let me help you." her soft voice sent me assurance. I stayed still and she slowly removed the gum sticking to my hair. I took the time to scrutinize her in the mirror. Her red hair was shiny and pretty. She had a femme look on her face. She would slightly pout when she fails to get rid of the gum. It was really cute. She'd ask me if it hurts. Finally, she got it.

"Thank you so much." I bowed.

"Anytime." she smiled.

I went out of the restroom to go to my room. Then, Heeseung just passed by.

"Oi, Heeseung-ah." I called.
"Nari!" He gave me a high-five and we both chuckled.
"Doing good?" he asked.
"Yah. Hey, it's been a while."
"Ah, sorry. I'm so busy with school." he apologized.
"Pft, as expected from a representative. Take me home later." I told him.
"How about Eunri?"
"I'll tell her that I have some important matters to discuss with you."
"Heh, alright." he smiled.
"Heeseung-ah!" someone called from behind. It was the girl who helped me with my hair a while ago.
"Oh, Hyein!" they did a hip bump together.
"By the way, Hyein, this is my friend Choi Nari. Nari, Im Hyein. You're both my friends!" he proudly stated.
"You sound like an amateur." Hyein teased.
"I was doing my best to introduce you guys. What's up with that?" Heeseung pouted.

I looked at them as they converse. They look so comfortable with each other. The way Heeseung would smile widely as Hyein tells him a joke. They look so good together.

"U-Uh. I forgot!" I suddenly blurted out. They both looked at me, confused.
"I n-need to go back to my room now. I still have things to do." I immediately ran away and I felt a strong tug in my heart that I can't brush off. Am I hurt? But why?

I finally arrived in my room and I sat down on my chair. No one was around. They were busy helping outside. And here I am, thinking about why I would feel hurt in that situation.

flashback

"I HATE IT!" I slapped the doll from my mom's hands and ran to the nearest park. There were rocks around so I kicked every single one I see. I cried from annoyance and sat on a big, dusty rock.

"Why are you crying?" a boy around my age asked me. He was bringing with him a filthy-looking toy.
"Your toy looks really bad. Your friends will hate you for that." I told him.
"So?"
I got shocked from his response, which annoyed me.
"You should throw it away." I rolled my eyes and kicked a rock.
"My parents worked hard to buy me this toy. Why would I throw it?"

I got really annoyed. I balled my fists and looked at him, my eyes still fresh from tears.
"IT'S DIRTY!"
"It's my fault. I play anywhere."
"WHY WOULD YOU WANT AN UGLY TOY?!" I shouted.
"I'm having fun." he smiled.

My eyes widened. Fun. I've only wanted new and pretty toys so that I'll gain friends. So that they'll like me. What exactly is fun? Fame? Appreciation?

"Fun is when you feel happy and enjoy something. Even if you only have yourself, you can still have fun!" he ran and made playful sounds with his dirty toy. He was smiling from ear to ear. He did seem happy.

I decided to go home after that and I saw my new doll sitting on the couch. The one that I hated. I sat beside the doll and looked at it. The doll had a blonde, wavy hair and it wore a really cute green dress. The color of the dress matched the doll's green eyes.

I-I like green now!

"Nari, thank goodness!" Mom hugged me. I saw the boy that I shouted at earlier. He just scratched his head and skipped away.

Thank you.

end of flashback

Heeseung was a really big influence to me. We met each other again last year, here in school. I was glad. I lost my friends after I changed. They were all fake. Heeseung was there for me. He introduced me to my best friend, Eunri. I didn't care about fame anymore. All I ever wanted was being with the two of them. This is all because of Heeseung. He changed me. He taught me something I never knew would change my perspective in life. He-

"Nari?"
I looked up and I felt my cheeks heat up.
"J-Jake?"
"You look alone. Strawberry milk?"

But Jake...
He's just different.

heeseung

"Omo, I need to go help the others. Bye!" Hyein ran away and her bright, red hair moved in sync with her. I suddenly remembered Nari. She looked uncomfortable just now. I decided to check on her.

Was she jealous? Should I tease her?

I chuckled. I got excited when I went to her room. Can't wait to make fun of-

Ah.

Maybe...next time.

I looked down and decided to go to my room instead.

----------

YO SORRY FOR THE LAAAATE UPDATE

my phone had to be repaired FOR A MONTH

it was....horrible.

I'm really sorry for that.

I deleted my font keyboard cuz it became a "make it premium" app. I hate it, huhu.

Anyways, hope you liked this despite waiting for centuries. I LOVE Y'ALL.

neol saranghae (~ ̄³ ̄)~