𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

eunri

"I see." a co-worker stopped drinking and thought about it for a while. "You guys had a love triangle."
"I-It's a complicated shape. Actually there's four of us, but I'm too lazy to explain."
"Come on, who's the fourth one." she insisted as she was trying to uncover the story.
"Ugh, alright. It's the guy#2's childhood friend. They were real close and she likes him. The guy also respects her. She hates me, of course."
"Hmm" she thought for a while, but her thoughts were interrupted when the emergency room called for her.
"Ugh, bad timing. I'll tell you my speculations later." she winked and jogged to the ER.

I sighed and threw my cup to a nearby trash can.

"Jagi."

I turned around and saw Junghwan smiling. I stood there, frozen. Junghwan have never visited me in work before.
"Surprised?" he walked closer to me and kissed me on my cheeks.
"Y-Yeah." my stutter made him giggle.

It's been so many weeks. After his promotion, he's been working his ass off everyday. I didn't see him for days. No texts and calls. Like he's dead. I was actually relieved I'm seeing him right now. I miss him so much.

"I made lunch for you." he showed me a wrapped lunch box.
"Bento box?" I asked while looking at his cute work.
"I tried." he shyly looked down. Dammit, I'm falling in too deep.
"This is so cute. Thank you, jagi." I held his hands.
"You want me to join you?"
"Sure! I'd really love that."

•••

Junghwan and I were having a heated argument about his bento box, for real.

"This is so adorable, I tell you. I mean, who carves hearts out of carrots?"
"No, it looks so poorly done." he facepalmed.
"Plus, the rice is perfect! Junghwan, rice is important."
"No it's the meat."
"Rice"
"Meat"
"Rice"
"Meat"
"You know what." I hurriedly ate all the food he prepared for me. Everything was exceptionally good. After finishing everything, I rubbed my tummy and silently burped in satisfaction. "Delicious."
"What a pig..."
"Shut the fuck up."
"Oi, not in front of the food."
"Oh, shoot. Sorry."

"Did you really enjoy it?" he looked serious when he asked, which made me laugh at his cuteness.
"It was really good, jagi. I love it." I smiled and he looked relieved.
"Give me a bento for lunch again tomorrow." I demanded while cleaning everything. Junghwan was silent as he took the box and put it in his bag.

"What, no bento? You're still unsure of your skill? Seriously, Junghwan. It was-"
"I'm going to Canada."
I stopped and stared at him. All that good vibe suddenly went down. Canada... that's so far away from here.
"My boss suddenly needed me to go already. I will be staying there for 5 months." he explained.
"Wow you've been gone for weeks and this is how you show up? I thought you were fucking dead. So that bento box was just an appetizer for the main dish, which is bad news."
"No, Eunri. This is my job and I need it for us. So that I can give you a life you want. You know that right?" he held my hands, waiting for my response. A tear left my eye and I looked at him.

"When did you ever ask me about what I want, huh?" I asked, my voice starting to get shaky.

"Eunri..."

"I never wanted you to go. I wanted you to stay. I wanted you to love me and take care of me here. I want you to come to me everyday after work and let me take care of you, too. I've always wanted to look after you, like how a girlfriend should." I pulled away from his grip on my hands. "When you told me you had a surprise for me, I actually thought you were going to propose but then... it's about work again. I really hate it when you're being workaholic." Hiding shit won't change anything anymore. I miss him too much.

"Eunri, of course I want you to take care of me. I want to take care of you too. But I've worked hard for this position and finally I have it. Let me save more and we'll get married."

"Shut up, Junghwan. You'll never be satisfied when it comes to work." I stood up, but he held my arm tightly.
"Eunri, please believe me."
"I believe you, Jungwhan. But please, think about what I want for us. This is a two-way relationship. If you hate commitment, fucking leave me alone and don't play with my feelings."
"Eunri-"
"Nurse Lee?"

I turned around and saw Haruto looking at us, confused. "Junghwan?"
He noticed that Junghwan was gripping too tightly on my arm and immediately pulled me from him.

"Leave. We still have work to do." Haruto told him. Junghwan stared at Haruto, then me.
"Don't tell me you're starting to have feelings for him, Eunri. Look, I'm sorry for the days I wasn't there-"
"JUST GET OUT, JUNGHWAN." I shouted at him.

He looked down breathing deeply, but he decided to not make things worse and left.