𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

3rd person

The ceremony started. Everyone was on their places, waiting for the cue. It was a semi-private wedding with only the people who the bride and groom wanted to be witnesses of their union.

The church had a huge curtain for the bride to have a dramatic entrance. Sakura-like trees and huge candles with a variety of size and color were on a hardwood floor. The lights weren't too bright to make the place feel cozy but elegant.

As expected from a rising artist whom her parents raised to be a woman of taste. It was what they dreamt for the young lady, a grand wedding with a man they trust the most since their childhood days.

When the music started, the guests watched the flower girls, the ring boy, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the parents of the bride and groom as they slowly make their way to their respective places.

The groom entered with his mother. He had a soft smile on his face, trying to bury deep down the feelings he wouldn't dare show. When he arrived at his spot, everyone stood turned to the entrance of the small church. They were eagerly waiting for the bride's appearance, expecting that she would look as grand as the venue.

When the bride entered, everyone was puzzled. She wore the simplest dress with a simple makeup.

Did she really think this was a joke? The thought ran in their heads. They were really disappointed about the outcome. Despite this, they silently sat down as they eye the bride walking to the groom.

The 'couple' went in front of the altar as the priest led the ceremony. Both of them tried their best to look as excited as possible to convince the guests. When Haruto looked at Rima and smiled, Rima felt temporarily happy. But she was aware of the real situation and felt bitter afterwards.

It was already the Question of Intent. They both faced each other, the priest in the middle.

"Rima, will you have this man to be your husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." The bride answered.

"Haruto, will you have this woman to be your wife, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

Haruto was silent. He kept looking down and his gaze was uncertain. Rima knew something was up for she have already planted in her mind the expressions of Haruto when they were little.

"What is it, Ruto?" Rima asked.

Haruto was unsure of what he's about to do but he felt something in his heart that he knew he couldn't ignore. He wants to do something about it.

He needs to find Eunri.

"Rima, I'm sorry..."

Rima's eyes widened but this was already expected. It was a forced marriage after all.

"I need to find someone...close to my heart. I don't want to betray her. I'm so sorry." he knelt on one knee.

Rima painfully smiled and knelt to his level. She held Haruto's face, trying so hard to hold back the tears from a broken heart.

"You can go." she consented.

Haruto knew Rima was pained, but he had to do this. Even if it hurts the person who's been with him for years. His heart belongs to someone else.

Nari, who was among the guests, was speechless. The person who's bitter about love all these years witnessed what a true one is. She could never be more moved.

Haruto hugged Rima and whispered a thank you in her ears. He then ran outside the church.

The guests were shocked. They weren't expecting a scene to unfold during the ceremony.

The bride's father was aghast as much as them. He felt really upset with what Haruto did and thought it was disrespectful. He was about to storm out and find that kid but Rima held his hand.

"Let him be. He's an adult and he can make his own decisions. Stop dictating every action we should do."

That's when Rima's father realized that she's not his little princess anymore. Rima have never talked to him like this for so long because if she does, she will never be convinced to do otherwise. She's now a strong woman with a strong will.

Time flies so fast, he thought.

Nari went to Rima. She had a worried look on her face but Rima assured her that it was fine.

"That's why you weren't that excited." Nari realized. This wedding was planned and forced.

"When I saw you, I knew that Eunri was still around. Then Haruto left and I realized that he's still chasing the same girl he loved when we were in high school. This wedding made me a bit excited, to be honest. Getting married to Haruto? Who doesn't want that?" Rima started to shed some tears.
"But it's okay. At least he knows what his heart truly wants. I had a feeling of euphoria for a while. It was good while it lasted."

"I'm really sorry." Nari hugged her. Rima felt warm and suddenly broke into tears.

As for Haruto, his heart was pounding so loud that it felt like it's about to jump out from his chest.

He felt so free when he got out of the church. Finally, he thought, I shouldn't waste any more time.

Eunri. I'm coming for you.

-----
sorry for the super late update! but here it isss. school is just around the corner and im not ready yettt

neol saranghae~