𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖

eunri

I laid on my bed, exhausted from the festival we had. I sighed.

Why did it have to be her...

I kept regretting that day when I hesitated to comfort Haruto. I felt so disappointed in myself for acting so slow and now, Rima got him.

I stood up and looked at Haruto's gifts. I love all of them. And I forgot to thank him for it. I was too busy thinking about the festival and Rima...

*beep*

I took my phone and checked the message.

HARUTO?

haruto
hey

holy shit, he's talking to me. omyghod.

eunri
sup

I waited for him and he quickly replied.

haruto
i saw you earlier

oh shit.

haruto
why'd you leave so soon? my music's not your taste?

oh haruto, your music was hype as hell.

eunri
i was needed by our club president..

haruto
hmm...alright.
can you meet with me today?

WHAT?

Holy shit, I need to look for decent clothes to wear.

Wait...Eunri why are you thinking too much? You're not couples or anything.

I imagined the two of us walking together, hand in hand, just laughing together. He'd look pretty cute with a smile on his face, a genuine one.

ugh eunri, snap out of it. ur enemies.

I sighed and decided to go with a casual look.

eunri
maybe. just don't waste too much of my time.

haruto
hahaha, alright.

-------

I went to the place Haruto told me and waited for him.

"You came." He popped out of nowhere.
"Yeah." I played with my fingers. I don't want to look at him eye to eye.

It went quiet for a while until he sat down beside me and sighed.

"Pretty cold, huh." he said.
"Yeah..." I slightly covered my mouth with my scarf. It is pretty cold, and quiet. I only hear the sounds of the crickets.

"So, what did you call me for?" I finally asked him. This guy is really wasting my time.

"Oh, yeah. About that..." he shyly rubbed the nape of his neck. He chuckled nervously.
For some reason, I got quiet nervous.

"Uhm, did you like my gifts?"

I felt relieved.

"Oh, yes. They were cool. Thank you." I smiled.
"You're welcome."

The atmosphere was awkward again. If we were our normal selves, we would be fighting right now. He's not even the usual guy I meet in school right now. He seems...soft. Funny...

"That was it? I'm sleepy." I rubbed my hands together to warm it.
"O-Oh, yeah."
"You should've just chatted me." I stood up and felt a little guilty for being too hard on him. But why am I being like this...? I don't want to be because I know he's going through something. But why am I acting like this?

"S-Sorry." he looked down. He stayed on his seat while looking so downhearted. I walked away, but I felt my heart hurting. As I was getting farther and farther from him, my heart feels so heavy. I tried to shake the feeling away, but I can't. I...I don't want to lose him.

I fuccin stopped on my tracks...

And ran to him.

"HARUTO!" I shouted while panting.
He stood up and he looked so shocked
"Eunri? I thought you..."
"If you have any problems, just tell me." I finally said. I felt tears forming in my eyes.
Haruto had a soft look on his face. He looked down, trying to hold back his tears.
"I saw you that day, sitting on the bench while crying. I wanted to talk to you but then Rima already did. Then, I thought I don't deserve to comfort you because I'm being such an asshole to you and-"

Haruto closed the gap between us, pressing his warm lips against mine. I cried and kissed him back.

"Let's stay like this for a while." Haruto said in between and kissed me again while hugging me.

The warmest winter I've ever had.