𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

eunri

I was pretty anxious of what to wear. I just can't pick an outfit and I don't know why this is a big deal for me.

After minutes of picking, I finally decided on a blue high waist, V-neck retro dress.

I wore a golden watch and put on a pair of a 2-inch heel wedge. I took my favorite shoulder bag and went out of my room.

"Woah" Heeseung's mouth gaped as he looked at my outfit, but he got confused. "What the hell are you doing at 5 in the morning."
"I'm... I'm going to have a walk with someone." I said and took three beignets from the kitchen counter. Heeseung baked these.
"And who is that someone?" he asked with a slight 'warning' tone.
"It's not Junghwan. Just shut up and mind your own business." I rolled my eyes and ate my food.

After I finished eating, I brushed my teeth and checked myself again in the mirror.

i am legit shaking.

I feel so nervous. Seeing Haruto and talking to him outside of work is going to be so awkward, I suppose. We haven't talked for years. The last time we saw each other was something we wouldn't want to remember.

ding dong

"Junghwan's here, Eunri." Heeseung called.
"I told you it's not Junghwan, idiot." I walked to the door and opened it. A man smiling awkwardly was standing there, wearing a blue and yellow polo with a plastic bag of snacks.
"Are we going on a picnic?" I asked.
"Just in case one of us gets hungry." he chuckled.
Suddenly, Heeseung fuccing pushed me aside to see who I am going to walk with.
"Heeseung, you-"
"Haruto?!"
"Yo, hyung." Haruto smiled and Heeseung looked like he saw his favorite member in a girl group.
"No way!" Heeseung looked at me, then to Haruto. "Haven't seen you for so long."

Heeseung and Haruto continued to converse, leaving me impatient. When are we going alreadyyy

"Looks like my sister is itching to walk with you already." Heeseung smirked as I glared at him.
"I just fucking hate you, Heeseung. I don't know why a brother like you exists." I went outside while stomping my feet. Haruto snorted at my actions and I glared at him, too. He behaved and I can hear him gulp.

"Alright, take care you two." Heeseung waved goodbye and closed the door.

Haruto faced me and took a deep breath. "Let's go?"

I nodded and we started our morning walk.
"We're both wearing blue." Haruto noticed. "Coincidence?"
I slightly shrugged and continued observing the things around me. It was silent after that. I didn't mind. It was peaceful. The greenery around my neighborhood was beautiful. I can hear the birds chirp and it soothes me. I felt like Haruto feels the same. He was quiet but he would occasionally smile whenever the birds sing. He would reach his hand out to the bushes we pass by and feel their leaves and flowers. He loves nature. For some reason, that made me fuzzy inside. Haruto looks softer inside than what I knew.

Before I knew it, we arrived at a place near a lake. There were only a few people hanging out there, which is better.
"Not many people would visit here because they think the lake looks bad with its green color. For me, it looks fine. It's natural and it's still clean! I-I do hope you're fine with it." he shyly looked down.
I looked at the environment around me and it was really pretty. There are wild flowers everywhere. The lake sure does look weirdly green, but I can stand it.

"It's fine." I smiled.

haruto

When she smiled, I felt my heart throb. She's so beautiful. She's still that girl years ago who would always look like an ogre in front of me. But when she smiles, she looks way better and she would never fail to make me fall for it.

We looked for a place to sit down and saw a perfect spot for a picnic. We put down a mat and brought out the snacks I bought.

"Noona!" a little boy called and ran to Eunri, carrying three flowers in his hand. He placed the flowers on her hair. Eunri giggled and slightly pinched the boy's chubby cheeks. His mom went to him and apologized to Eunri for his sudden behavior.
"It's okay, ma'am. He was really cute and romantic." Eunri and the mother laughed. When they left, Eunri scrutinized the flowers given to her.
"That was so sweet." she said and smiled sweetly while looking at the flowers.

thump thump

Oh no. My heart can't stop racing. She's a ravishing beauty. I decided to think of a topic to stop what I'm feeling or else, I might do something I will regret. ( not sexually >:(( )

"So, what changed your mind?" I asked her.
"Well, something depressing just happened last night. My thoughts were having a clash. Then I thought, I needed a break." she got slightly uneasy.
"I-Is it okay if...I ask about it?" I made sure my voice was softer so as to not maker her pressured.

She sighed, "It's Junghwan."
She got a little teary-eyed. Suddenly, I doubted if asking her about this was okay.
"Hey, if you don't want to talk about it..."
"It's fine. It's just...it hurts. But i want to talk to someone about it."

I nodded and listened to what she had to say.

•••

"What are you planning to do?" I asked her.
"Talk to him and end our relationship."
Eunri looked really hurt and I wanted to hug her so bad. She clearly needs someone to rely on.

Should I...should I do it? Or is it too late?

"Don't worry about me, Haruto." she read my expression.
"Are you sure?"
"I'm fine." she smiled painfully.

I can't stand it anymore. She was there for me before when my family broke apart. I should return the favor.

I stood up and went near her. She was really confused and surprised. I looked at her eyes and I can see a tear forming. My face softened when my heart broke, then I hugged her.

"Haruto-"
"Shh. Let me hug you."

Eventually, Eunri hugged me back and cried. We stayed like that for a long time.

It was almost noon and we needed to go back before it gets hotter. We arrived at her house and Eunri bid goodbye.
"Bye. See you at work."
She giggled and closed the door. I sighed in satisfaction. I was so happy that she accepted the comfort I wanted to give her.

While I was walking away from Eunri's house, I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapped around me.
"Thank you for today. I had fun."
I immediately knew who it was and blushed.
She pulled away and hurriedly went back to her house.

My face feels so hot... I've never felt this giddy for a long time now.

Maybe... it's not too late.

Maybe there's still a chance.

But before my hopes could even get higher, I got a text.

rima's dad
meet me at my office at lunch time. let's talk about your marriage.

-----

jahsajnah when things were about to get better lolol boo rima's dad

neol saranghae-