𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪

eunri

"Eunri, can you prepare a hot water bath for my feet? It's freezing." Mom asked.
"Sure."

I made the bath and placed Mom's feet in it.
"Feeling better, Mom?"
"Yes. Thank you." she smiled and relaxed on her rocking chair.
"By the way, where's Heeseung?" I asked.
"Oh, I think...I think he went clubbing with his colleagues?" she was unsure but I believed her anyways. It seemed real since Heeseung was doing better with his job. He deserves a break.
When I checked the time, it was already late. I decided to put Mom to bed. After that, I went to my room. I changed into my pajamas and lied on my bed. I put my phone on the bedside table.

I should sleep early, I thought and turned off the lights. As I was about to close my eyes, my phone suddenly rang. I got a message from someone. I just checked my lock screen to see whose message it was.

heeseung. Just now.
Take a look at this.

A picture was attached. I bet he saw something awesome in the club and I think he's drunk.
I decided to check it tomorrow and slept through the night.

•••

"Shit, I'm late again!" I hurriedly made my bed and went to the bathroom to clean myself. Showering went too long because the soap kept slipping from my hand. I know you relate to this too. After showering, I brushed my teeth and did a minute of mouthwash.
I ran to my room with my 'towel dress' almost slipping away but I managed to get in before it could fall off. I changed into my uniform and wore my headdress. I checked my phone to see what time it is, but it won't open.
"Oh fuxk, low battery?!" I sighed angrily and just went down to eat. The caregiver was already there.
"Oh, ma'am. You're late." she said.
"I know." I sat down and ate my food.
"My, my. I didn't teach my children to be tardy and lazy." Mom shaked her head.
"Mom, you're not helping at all. I don't want to hear your sermon."
Despite what I said, she still continued talking but I had to stay because it would be disrespectful if I just go off while she's talking.
"Mom, please. I need to go."
She just laughed and let me stand up to put my plates on the sink. I hurriedly put on my socks and shoes after getting my bag. I bid Mom and the caregiver goodbye and took off. I was supposed to check what time it was on my phone but I freaking remembered that it was not with me.

"Why was it lowbat...such timing." I complained and took a cab to the hospital.

•••

"Late again, Ms. Lee." the head nurse eyed me.
"Sorry." I bowed.
"Go help Doctor Watanabe." she ordered.
"Isn't there anyone else who can accompany him? Why does it always have to be me?" I asked her.
"Are you seriously complaining right now? You were the one who's late here. Go do your job." I sighed and apologized. I went to where Haruto is while having mini tantrums in my head.

I saw him in the cafeteria and sat across him. "Let's work."
"Can you at least wait and let me have coffee? I was waiting for an available nurse for an hour." he sips his coffee. And he's giving me that feeling again, hatred. I hate him when he's bossing me around or teasing me. I despise this guy.
"Why didn't you look for another nurse?" I asked impatiently.
"I'm done. Let's go." he went off, ignoring my question.
"Urghh!"

•••

"Thank you, Nurse Lee. Having you by my side just makes workload a lot lighter." he smiled at me. For a second, my heart skipped from that. But I need to focus. Remember Eunri, you hate this guy.
"No problem. This is the consequence after all."
"Consequence?" he asked.
"Of being late."
He laughed and stopped in front of me.
"I don't think so. From now on, you'll be my only assistant. I won't look for other nurses to accompany me other than you. Except if you're really sick. To know if you're really sick, I'd have to contact your brother." he smirked.
"W-What? Why, I have other patients to look after. Just go find a vacant nurse." I told him.
"Nope. I'll be with you when you're aiding to your patients."
"You're a doctor, Haruto. A nurse's business isn't your business. You have a bigger responsibility in this building."
"Why do you think I have scut work? Because I am a very important doctor that should be in really important situations?"

I thought for a while. Does the chairman really hates this guy?

"I..uh..I don't know."
"Eunri, I'm a newbie. They don't trust me yet. I have a senior who has the same job title as me so I have no choice but to follow what he says." Haruto sighed and continued walking to our next ward.

The world is so unfair, huh.

----
poor haruto TvT

and yes it was heeseung who punched junghwan. it's kinda obvious (-_-;)

neol saranghae~