𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

nari

I am now on my way to the venue. I got really nervous because this is my first time doing makeup for a big event. Even if I don't like who our client is, I'm still thankful for this opportunity.

I arrived just in time and immediately went inside the building and look for other makeup artists.

We're not at the church yet since the bride will be the last one who everyone will see.

I saw one of the makeup artists whom I'm acquainted with. I went to her and asked her who we'll put makeup on first.

"I don't know. The lead makeup artist isn't here." she worriedly said.

Oh no.

"The lead artist is sick. We should assign another one to take care of the bride." one of the artists said.

I bit my lip. I want to try. I have been doing makeup for five years but I'm not sure. I haven't done makeup for grand events such as this.

"Who wants to volunteer?"

Should I...

"No one? We need-"
"I want to do it." I raised my hand which was obviously shaking. All of them looked at me and I felt slightly uncomfortable.
"Alright. We'll follow your lead."

Damn. This is scary.

"So, who'll put makeup on me?"

Rima showed up. She was smiling so widely. I bet she's really excited. Seeing Rima like this made me feel bad for Eunri...

"I will." I stepped forward and I noticed her eyes widen. She tried her best to hide her shock and smiled. "Follow me."

She led me to a small garden at the back of this building. She said she wanted the makeup to be done there.

"What kind of makeup do you want?" I asked.
"Hmmm.... just something natural." she answered.
"Natural? But this is your big day. Don't you want to be the center of attraction?"
"Simplicity is beauty. And I don't need to try hard to be the center of attraction. I'm already a rising star, right?" she giggled.

She's a little suspicious...I don't know. I might be wrong but... she's too calm.

"Can we start, Nari?" she asked. She softly laughed when she noticed that I was shocked when she said my name.

She still remembers me.

I sighed, "Alright, Rima."

-----

The rest of the team also followed the "natural makeup" theme for the other girls. I was already done with Rima's makeup.

 I was already done with Rima's makeup

"This is great. Thank you, Nari." she smiled.
"Don't thank me. I'm just doing my job." I answered with a poker face. I left her and checked the others' makeup. I felt Rima's eyes on me and I don't really care. I still hate her. I still hate how she treated Eunri before.

"Nari, why is the makeup simple? This is a grand wedding." one of the artists asked.
"The bride asked for it."
"You should've said no. She should be most beautiful of them all!"
"She's the customer."
"Still-"
"Is there a problem?" Rima just came out of nowhere which startled us.
"N-Nothing, Ms. Yokoi." the makeup artist I argued with bowed to Rima and left.

Rima faced me and put her hand on my shoulder. I immediately pushed her hand away from me and glared at her.

"I'll never forget what you did to Eunri."
"Look, Nari. We were kids and I apologize for my actions back then."
"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to Eunri."
"I-"

"Ms. Yokoi. We need to go." one of her bodyguards told her. Rima nodded and told him that she'll go there in a while.

"Thank you for putting my makeup, Nari. See you at the church." she bowed and left.

Her personality is different now. She learned to control her emotions. Time does change a person.

I need to prepare and witness the wedding. I want to see...

Why Haruto chose Rima over Eunri.