𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖

nari

I saw Eunri taking a cab earlier. So she still lives in that neighborhood. I miss her. I should pay her a visit.

I checked my old phone if I still have her number. I saw her name and typed her number in my new phone. I sent a message asking when she's vacant.

I hope it's still her number.

After sending the message, I saw Heeseung's name below Eunri's. I remembered that time when we met again. He looked so handsome. I wasn't expecting that he'd be a model.

Suddenly, my phone rung and it was my boss. Well, I need to work now.

•••

"Ms. Choi, I have very important news for you."
I listened intently.
"XXX wants you to be their new makeup artist!" she proudly said.

XXX? Am I hearing things?

"Eh? Pardon?"
"XX wants you to be their makeup artist since they liked what you did on one of their models. You don't want to accept it?"
"A-Are you sure this is not fake news, ma'am? Or maybe you heard the wrong company?" I tried to make sure that this is not a dream.
"Of course it's true! And for your information, I have good hearing." she chuckled.

I just sat there, speechless. XXX? For real? That is such a good company!

My boss giggled and reached out her hand to shake mine. "Congratulations, Eunri. You've been a really great artist."
I shook her hand and cried a little, "Thank you, ma'am. I will never forget what you taught me all these years."

I stood up and opened my arms, signalling my boss to hug me. She's been a really good help to me all these years. She's one of the reasons why I've achieved this much already.

She hugged me while we sway from side to side, "Sooo, you're taking the job?"
"Of course!" I laughed.
"I'm so proud of you, Nari." my mentor smiled.
"I'm proud to have a mentor like you, too." I told her, which moved her to tears.

We stayed like that for a while as she cry and boast on how successful I am.

•••

My boss told me to go to the new company I'm gonna work in next week and have a 3-day rest.

three-day rest... that sounds too good for my ears

My life has been really good lately. I have a job that I love and I make good money to spoil myself. It's so satisfying to be single. Though, I miss my friends so much because I dislike being alone.

I decided to do a shopping spree and replace some of my makeup tools for my kit to have a new life.

beep beep

I felt my phone vibrate and took it from my pocket. I checked my notification wall and saw a message from someone. I hope it's from Eunri this time.

XXX
Welcome to our company! We will see you next week after your 3-day rest. We are really excited to have you in our staff. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

This is so awesome! This is way beyond what I've dreamt of.

Though... I was really hoping that was Eunri. Did she change her number? Maybe she did...

How can I contact her...

*A certain boy came to mind*

No. No. No. No. Not yet. I'm too shy to talk to him. I though while covering my face.

I continued shopping while feeling a little bit flustered.

----

this chapter was kinda hard to make my writer's block is getting worse 0-0

ty for putting up with me and i really do appreciate your support!

neol saranghae~