𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

eunri

I woke up with the sound of my alarm. I turned it off and stood to stretch. I made my bed and tied my hair to a bun.

I went to the kitchen and found my Mom trying to get a glass of water from the faucet.

"Eomma, not there!" I hurriedly turned off the faucet, took the glass of water and spilled it.
"Why did you do that?" Mom asked, a little annoyed.
"I already told you, water from the faucet is not healthy and safe. We have mineral water, Mom. I'll get it for you, okay?"
"I don't remember you saying that." she said and sat on her rocking chair again.

Mom's memories are slightly dissipating. I'm afraid of her condition. I'm not yet emotionally and mentally ready for what will happen, but I'm hoping that she'll be fine.

"Where's your boyfriend?" she suddenly asked.

Then, it all came back.

Last night...was shit. shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

"I got promoted"
"W-What?"
"I got promoted to a higher position, jagi!" Junghwan excitedly shared without knowing that mine's breaking into pieces.
"O-Oh, I see! Congratulations, jagi! I'm so proud of you." I faked my smile and hugged him tight. Tears started falling down from my eyes while my heart was aching.

I thought....

"I can finally make more money and be successful. Then, I can give you a life you'd love to live." he smiled and cupped my cheeks.
"I love you, Eunri."
"....I love you too"

Ugh. I got no time to think about that.

"He went home last night, Mom."
"Oh really...it would be nice if he could stay with us."
"Yeah..."

I hurriedly prepared for work and took off.
"Yah, Eunri. Leaving so early?" I saw my brother going up to me.
"We have a new doctor today. Go inside already and take care of Mom."
"It's okay, I hired a caregiver because we're both busy with work. We got no one else to look after her. I'll wait for the caregiver then I'll go to my shoot today."
"Right. I hope you hired a good one. I'll go now. Good luck with your shoot!" I waved my hand.
"Thanks. You take care, too."

I arrived at the hospital and hurriedly went to the emergency room. I was assigned to look after the patient's vitals this morning and give him the things he need. After that, I went to the locker room and placed my bag there. I fixed my hair properly so as to not bother me while working.

"Nurse Lee!"
"O-Oh. Yeah?"
"Let's go meet the new doctor!" my colleague said excitedly.
"I will be with you in a minute."

I applied makeup and sprayed one of my favorite mild-smelling perfumes. I went out and saw my colleague holding two cups and I believe the other one's for me.

"Hot chocolate?" I asked for confirmation.
"Hot chocolate." she replied with a wink.
"Thanks." I smiled and took the cup from her hand. We were heading to the room where we'll meet the new doctor, but something came up.

"Nurse Lee, we need assistance in the Operation Room 2 right now." a nurse ran to me, looking worried.
"I-Is the head nurse not around?"
"No, you're the only closest to her level as of now. Please go to OR 2." she requested and ran back.

"I need to go. I'm really sorry." I told my colleague while handing her my cup of chocolate.
"It's fine, you're badly needed. You'll just see the doctor walking around the hospital. Not that hard to spot a new face."
"Yeah, thank you. I'll go now." I ran to the OR.

Well, I was really looking forward to who the new doctor is. Maybe next time. If I'm lucky, I get to work with him the first time I see him.

--------

yoo how are y'all?

i have two stories in draft, one fanfic and one non-fic :))

im really excited to make new stories but i need to finish this lol

this getting too much chapters im so sorry ;-;

anyways, i hope yall good

maybe yall want to follow me so i can announce shit, i wanna talk to my readers ahhaha

neol saranghae~