𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠

eunri

Junghwan texted me to meet up with him today. He said he wants to see me and talk to me.

I guess it won't hurt to see him. I just want to make things clear.

I wore a knitted sweater and pants.

Just went casual today because I'm not in the mood to look pretty

"Mom, I'm going now."
"Take care and don't put your phone on silent mode. We're going to eat outside tonight and I'll call you to come home."
"Okay."

I wore my white Converse and took off.

--meeting place--

I arrived and saw Junghwan sitting on the bench. He still looks so effortlessly handsome.

"Eunri, over here!" he waved at me while smiling. I walked to him and he stood up.
"Hi." I bowed shyly.
"You're being too polite." Junghwan blushed and chuckled.
We went silent for a moment. This is so awkward.
"L-Let's take a walk, shall we?" Junghwan broke the ice and stood up, offered me his hand to stand up. I tried to be cold and stood up by myself.
"No, thank you." I stood up and walked ahead of him. He caught up with me and walked side by side.
"H-How are you today?" he asked.
"I'm fine."
"Really? Are you-"
"I'm fine, Junghwan." I looked at him with a serious face and he awkwardly smiled. "Right."

Another awkward silence while I was just looking around and Junghwan, he looks nervous.

Junghwan suddenly stopped on his tracks. I got curious why he did that, and turned to him.

"Are you...bothered about our last date?" he asked and I can see a glint of sadness in his eyes.
"Look, I don't care about the past anymore. It's fine." I answered and turned back. I felt a slight pain in my heart as I remembered Haruto crying that day.

fuuucck

"Eunri, please slow down." Junghwan grabbed my hand and made me face him. He looked so defeated.
"Do you have... something for Haruto?"
I paused to think.

Do I really like Haruto? Do I have romantic feelings for him? That kiss Haruto gave me...it made me feel so special, but do I feel the same? He's been a tease to me every single fucking day before that night. That night when he confessed to me. Everything changed. At that point, did I start liking him?

"Do you, Eunri?" Junghwan asked again.
"I-I don't know. I'm confused, Junghwan. C-Can we talk again another-"
"I like you, Eunri. Since the first day I met you in school. You were really cute despite how collected you are. When I saw you hanging out with Nari, I noticed that you were livelier. I saw a new you and my feelings grew deeper. I can't help but smile everytime I see you and when we interact, it's like my heart is gonna jump out of my chest. It's unbelievable how fast our relationship has gotten to this point and today I wanted to confess to you properly. Eunri..."

Junghwan knelt down while holding my hand. My eyes widened from his actions.

"Junghwan, what-"
"Will you accept my feelings?" I saw hope and sincerity in Junghwan and it filled my heart full of doubts. I was at the verge of crying, my fucking crush is confessing to me. What a fucking dream.
"Hey, stand up. You're getting everyone's attention, it's pressuring me." I said. He chuckled and stood up, looked at me sincerely.
"Junghwan, there are so many girls out there who'd give all their love for you. Prettier girls, sexier, cuter, hardworking, doesn't cuss too much."

Junghwan laughed and I stared at him, confused.
"I swear Eunri, why would you make a confessing guy look for another girl? Are you turning me down?"
"I-I mean, it's just...you and I... we're too different. You're so popular with the girls, I'm just someone who sits in the corner with her friends, not minding shit."
"Whoever the fuck you are Eunri, I'll accept you. My feelings for you will just grow deeper because I'm seriously interested in you. So Eunri, do you accept my feelings?" he cupped my cheeks and I can feel them heat up. I got shy and hid my face.

"Junghwan..."
"Yes?"
"I'm... I'm not ready yet. I still need to clear my mind. Everything's a mess right now and..."
Junghwan held my hand tighter, looked at me straight in the eye. "It's okay. I'll wait. No matter how long it takes. Take your time."
"Can you really wait that long?"
"Anything for you." Junghwan smiled sweetly.

I broke in tears for how handsome and serious Junghwan looked.

"Alright. You better." I smiled and hugged him.

I guess... it's really him. It's just that now is not the right time. I still need to focus on myself and who I want to be. I shouldn't give in to love these days. I'm too sensitive.

I hope everything ends well.

-----

real sorry for the wait! here it is :))

school's almost done for us, a week and a few more days to go!

i hope y'all are doing fine during this time of pandemic. keep safe <3

neol saranghae~