𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

heeseung

I bid the caregiver goodbye and rode my motorcycle to my workplace. When I arrived, I hurried to the dressing room.

"Good morning, Heeseung." my manager greeted.
"Good morning, Ms. Chae." I bowed and smiled. She showed me the outfits I will try today and that we need to hurry because we'll go somewhere far for my photoshoot.

"I think this is too tight on my neck. These pants are too loose. This one's missing a button." I told Ms. Chae.
"My God. I clearly told them your measurements. Excuse me! There are a few adjustments needed!" she went out of the room. I tried a few outfits to see if they fit me well.

A few hours later, we took off.

"Heeseung, eat this." Ms. Chae gave me a bento box. I opened it and saw lots of delicious food inside with juicy meat. Oh man, I've been craving for meat. These look so appetizing.

"I thought I'm on diet?"
"Today's your cheat day." she winked and we giggled. Ms. Chae can be really strict but she cares for me well. She's a really nice manager.

After that scrumptious meal, Ms. Chae told me to post a picture on Instagram and Twitter. She said she'll be the one to take a pic of me.

"One, two, three, smile!"

"Mm, joha (i like this). I will send it to you."
"Can you let me pick a picture to post?" I asked.
"No, I'm in the mood to take a picture for you." she answered. I pouted and looked outside the car window.

I miss being young.

•••

We arrived at the place where we'll do our photoshoot. I sat down on a couch to relax for a bit.
"Heeseung, change after five minutes." Ms. Chae said and I nodded.
I rested my head on a cushion and looked at the ceiling.

This job is really tiring but it pays well. I can contribute to the hospital fees for Mom, too. I'm glad I accepted this job and trained for it.

I heard a van pull over. I guess they're the makeup artists.

"Heeseung?"
"O-Oh, yeah?"
"You should change now." my manager said.
"Oh, yes. Thank you. I almost forgot." I stood up and went to the dressing room.

After changing, the staff were picking masks that'll suit my outfit and the features of my face.

While waiting, Ms. Chae told me to go to the makeup room.

"Don't make the makeup too extravagant." she said to the artists.
"Yes, ma'am." They all answered in chorus.

I sat down and waited for the makeup artists to do their work. For some reason, they were all confused. They were whispering to each other, but I managed to hear them a bit. I pretended I wasn't listening to them by playing with my phone.

"Why is she late?"
"I don't know."
"She's the only one who knows how to do this."
"She got too cocky after her promotion, huh. Leaving it all to us because she thinks she's the boss."
One of them sighed in frustration.

"I'M SORRY!" a girl came in the room panting, "Traffic."
The other artists dispersed and went silent.
"You better not be late next time, newbie. This is an important work. Don't bring all of us down."
"I'm sorry." she apologized.
She went behind me and put down her bag. She was wearing her mask.
"Hello-"
Her eyes widened when she looked at my face.
"He-Heeseung?"
I looked at her through the mirror with a confused face.
"It's me." she removed her mask and showed that pretty face I've been wanting to see all this time.
"Nari."
I turned around, shocked. "Y-You're my makeup artist?"
The other makeup artists were looking at us, whispering to each other again.
"I guess. You're a model now? Sheesh." we both chuckled.
"Yup. And you're responsible for my image. I will never forgive you if you ruin this."
"Oh, I will ruin it no matter what." we laughed.
"Let's start? They're waiting for me." I told her.
"Oh, yeah." she smiled.

Damn, it's Nari. I missed her so much.

-----

After having my makeup on, we went to where the staff were picking my mask for today's concept. It took them a while to pick the best one. They picked a black mask with gems and hanging pearls. It had a few feathers glued on top of it. It was a simple but elegant looking mask. They made me hold it, almost covering half of my face.

"Slightly part your lips and stare blankly at the camera." one of the staff said.

snap snap

snap snap

"Now wear it.."

snap snap

snap snap

They made me do a few poses and were happy with the results. I can see Nari giving me silent claps and thumbs up behind the camera. I smiled and felt elated. Nari is cheering for me right now, with a smile plastered on her face. What else could I ask for than Nari being happy.

After everything, we bid our goodbyes to the staff and makeup artists.
"Will you be my artist again next time?" I asked Nari.
"Depends." she playfully smiled.
"Give me your number then."
"Eh?"
"Givvveee." I acted like a child begging.
"Hahah, stop that. You're being cringe. I'll give my number, okay." she giggled while entering her number in my phone.
"Hmph, it's a rare sight to see me acting cute you know."
"I don't think so." she gave me a disgusted look which made me glare at her. She just laughed it off and gave me my phone.
"Done."
"Nice."
"Heeseung, let's go." Ms. Chae called me.
"Oh, I need to go now. See you!"
"Take care."
"You too."

While traveling, I thought about when I'll see Nari again. Thinking about it made me blush.
"Oy, what happened?" Ms. Chae suggestively asked. "You got your eyes on one of the makeup artists, huh?"
"N-No. You're so wrong." I looked away.
"Don't fool me. You're too easy to read." Ms. Chae chuckled and went back to playing Candy Crush in her phone.

Am I really too easy to read?

I hope Nari is too slow to understand me ><

--------

wie i hope you liked this chapter .///.

today i made my first real money purchase in a game. and the game is hello kitty cafe hahah

i kinda regret it now... but it's fine lolol it's cute

neol saranghae~